Chapter 9

The ship gave a violent rock to one side causing Louis to shoot up from his bed.

Heart pounding, he ran a hand over his face frantically as he heard another loud noise go off right before he felt the ship give way to the same side once more, this time nearly moving the bed that he sat up on to the other side of the room.

Confused and disoriented, he practically threw his feet over the edge of the mattress in an effort to scramble up.

The moment he got to his feet, he found himself stumbling over to the nearest wall for leverage when the explosive sound pierced his ears once more and the room around him quaked dangerously.

Instantly, his mind was able to configure the reasons behind the quakes...

Cannons.

It had to be.

With the realization in his head, it was very easy for the fact that the ship was under attack to come into light.

His eyes grew wide and his first instinct was to begin rushing out the bedroom.

As though his adrenaline were immediately acting upon him, his bare feet were already running to the door, however as though the ship were struck again, the whole room once again gave way and rocked over in a way that nearly made the royal fall over.

Practically ripping the door open, he found himself into Harry's study.

It appeared as though all the books that Louis, Zayn, and Niall had scattered everywhere had found their way back to their correct positions, however that thought slipped to the back of his mind as he continued his run toward the door that lead to the outer deck.

Yet, with each step he took forward it was as though his body was signaling for his legs to slow down and for whatever reason, regardless of what his brain furiously ordered his stride now was as pathetic as a walk.

When he finally found his way to the door, his hand reached out to clutch at the doorknob tightly, but before he opened it he felt his body tense.

What exactly was he doing?

The ship was under attack, it was obvious from the cannons continuously going off that that was the case.

He could hear shouts and gunshots behind the wooden door now more than ever.

Fear found its way into the pit of his stomach and gradually began spreading throughout his entire body.

Louis found his grip on the doorknob wavering.

If he was going out there unarmed, he was going to die. God only knew how much chaos was occurring on the other side of the door and just by judging from the sounds, he knew it wasn't good.

Another cannon went off and this time it was as though the area below him had been hit and he staggered to keep his footing, his hand still not leaving the doorknob.

He grunted, his eyes staring blankly ahead.

The brunet had no idea if it was just the fear within him speaking but it sounded like they were losing.

But that had to be impossible...the One Direction couldn't lose. Not with the invincible Captain Styles leading it.

After all, nobody could beat Harry, right?

Suddenly, above all the noise from the other side of the door, Louis was able to make out a rather feminine scream fill the air and he was immediately able to match it off with Eleanor.

He knew he had to do something.

But he had no sword or gun or anything that would do something other than get him killed off easily if he left the study.