The Kids Aren't Alright

Riley's POV
The first thing I felt when I regained consciousness was pain and lots of it.

I picked myself off the bedroom floor. I gingerly walked to bathroom and looked at the mess that was my life. I began to cover the bruises with concealer.
The bruises from what you may ask well let's just say my parents believe in a very harsh form of punishment.

I began to apply the concealer to the wounds. Last night wasn't that bad only a few bruises and scrape. The only reason it's not worse is because we ran out of booze and my "parents" already used there paychecks for the week on alcohol and loto tickets. Lucky for me today is Friday which means money which means alcohol which means more beatings for me.

Once I was done with my makeup I pulled on some black ripped skinny jeans and an old T-shirt. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. Thank god my parents weren't up yet so I could grab and apple for breakfast.

You see my mom was 16 when she had me. After dropping out of high school she found the first guy who would marry her. Needless to say there marriage is loveless. She only uses him for money and he shows her off to all his scum bag friends. Before my mother became pregnant she was on track to become a model. Then she got drunk at one of her bosses party's and nine months later I was born.

I kept my head down as I entered the school building. Before I knew it the day was over. I walked as slowly as possible home dreading what awaited me.

As soon as I opened the door I saw my dad and his friends. I tried to slip past them but I was pulled back by my arm.

"Well what do we have here" my father spoke slowly.

"Looks like some one needs to be punished for not being home on time."

Then I felt a sharp pain to my cheek. He slapped me. That's it I am tired of being pushed around. With all my energy I kicked my "father" in a sensitive area and ran but one of his friends caught me.

"You thought you could get away, looks like you need extra punishment."

With that my father ripped my shirt off. He then proceeded to drag me up to my room and shove me on the bead. The rest was a blur. Once he was finished he began to kick my stomach over and over. When he was done kicking me he drug me down the stairs to where my mom was waiting. She yanked me up from where I was slumped against the wall.

"Look what we have here." She spoke in a sickly sweet voice. She then bent down and whispered "I am so sorry for everything I've done. Please please forgive me. Now run up to your room and pack were leaving this guy." I was shocked to say the least. I ran up to my room and packed at the speed of lighting. Before I could finish I herd a blood curdling scream. When I got down stairs I found a horrifying sight. My mother was on the ground dead. My father stood over her dead body with a knife in his had. I let out a gasp. BIG mistake. My father turned around with a sneer on his face.

He began advancing tword me with the knife raised. I began backing up till I hit the wall. No nope there is no way that this will end well. I was right at that moment my father swung the blade into my shoulder. I let out a piecing scream as I fell to the floor. The everything faded to black.