Chapter 4: Partners

It's been a week since I started school and it's been a week since I last talked to Sebastian. I tried to get myself to forgive him and have everything go back the way it was but it's hard. I may be overreacting to the situation as some would think, but I can't just let someone who abandoned me so quickly back into my life. I am going to give him a chance cause it seems that fate has brought us together again. For some unknown reason that I surely don't understand. 

Once I walked into our classroom I noticed that Sebastian was sitting in my spot, slightly annoyed I proceeded to sit in the spot that was next to him. I'm not even going to acknowledge him until he speaks up, judging from past experiences he was only doing this to get a reaction out of me. And was it going to happen? No.  I noticed his side eye with a smirk on his face waiting for me to say something. I just turned my head and smiled at him and glanced at my textbook as our professor began to speak. 

"Hey wait up!" Sebastian called to me while I left the classroom once our professor excused us.

"What?" I asked him as he ran up beside me. 

"So I was wondering since we have that project coming up you'd like to be my partner? It'd be like old times!" He smiled widely patiently waiting for my answer. 

I hesitated and then decided that this could be our best chance of getting back what we once had. "Sure why not," I smiled softly at him while he smiled like a kid in a candy store. "But! We have to actually try our best and not goof around the entire time.

"Of course! I want to pass this class as much as you do. It's just an added bonus you're here." I blushed slightly and caught myself as I cleared my throat and looked away. 

"Okay well then I'll contact you later and we can talk about it." I started to walk away as he tapped my shoulder. 

"You kinda need my number to contact me.." he smiled as he handed me a piece of paper with his name on it and a number underneath it. "Hope to hear from you soon." He turned around a walked away.

"Oh boy, what have I gotten myself into," I said as I began walking to my apartment. 

---later that night--- Sebastian's POV

I still can't believe she is here, Alice Chase is here in London. Call it ridiculous but I say it's fate that brought us together. Ever since I left her that day I can't help but feel guilty for all the moments I talked myself from reaching out to her.  I've loved ever since we were 5 years old. As clique as that sounds it's the truth. I have never wanted someone to call me at this moment as much as I want Alice too. 

"Hey, Sea Bass! It's your turn to cook dinner remember!" I hear my roommate Anthony call to me.

"Shit.." I murmur. "Coming!" I walked into the living room to see Anthony sitting on the couch with a remote in his hands and eyes glued to the television. "Sorry bro totally forgot." I grabbed the vegetables and steaks out of the fridge and begin prepping the meal. 

"Did you talk to that Alice chick again today? Did you man up and ask her on a date?" 

"Yes I did talk to her, and no I didn't, our situation is a little bit more complicated to ask that right now." 

"What do you mean complicated...you guys are just in the same class. Get it, dude." 

I chuckled "Well we have a past together. She happens to be my lifelong best friend that I left a couple years ago." 

"Oh that Alice." He paused his game and looked at me. I looked up from the potatoes and glanced at him.

"Yeah, that Alice. So as I said it's complicated." I sighed and continued dinner as I hear my phone start ringing. Getting a little too nervous I threw the wooden spoon on the counter and ran to my phone that was in my room.

"DUDE!" I hear Anthony yell at me. I look at my phone and see a call from an unknown number I click answer and pray that it's Alice's voice on the other side. 

"Hello?" I say into the phone as my voice cracks.

"Um, Hi is this Sebastian?" I hear the familiar voice say. My mood immediately drops.

"What do you want Susan?" I cringe at the same coming out of my mouth. 

"Oh thank god! Oh, baby, I've been trying to find you for MONTHS." She squealed into my ear, I pulled the phone away from my ear at the horrid noise. 

"Yeah, now I gotta go change my number and block your number now bye." I hung up and walked back to the kitchen.

"Who the hell was that? And why were they so important you left our dinner to almost burn."

"It was the devil in the flesh."

"Susan?" 

"Yup, I don't know how she managed to get my number again." 

"Damn. Sorry dude, did you think it was going to be Alice?" 

"What do you think? And it's not like she is going to call to get to know me again. She just wants to get this project done." I walked back into the kitchen to finish the food that was simmering. I made Anthony his plate and walked back into my room. "I'm not really hungry anymore so I'm just going to finish some homework and get some sleep."