sixteen

Hospitals have always and constantly will continue to give me this crappy gut feeling, whether I was the one being admitted or not, it definitely was not my favourite place to be at. At any time of the day, week or even year. And the fact that we have all been stuck here for 2, well almost 3 weeks was not helping anyone really. Louis was the only one that was still admitted to the hospital and the rest of us, including Liam and Lottie, took shelter at a hotel a couple of blocks away.

It did feel like I was living at the hospital at this point because even though I was no longer a patient, I remained at Louis's side, bringing along an overnight bag every so often. Well and Johanna might have demanded Lottie return while Liam, well he just left me hanging so I won't necessarily go into detail about that since he was a traitor in my eyes.

Well maybe this hasn't been the worst couple of weeks in the world? I can be a tad dramatic because the pressure, the pressures that come with being who we are, has phased out and completely become non-existent. Louis and I took this well, alone time to get to know each other. It was refreshing because there were not disruptions, no hiding and no precautions interrupting, it allowed us to be who we were with each other. The nurses and doctors sure as hell did not care who we were so why should we.

I find myself dreaming about Louis continuously, but not just plain old Louis. We seem to have a future. The type of future that I have always wanted, one where we are happy, joyful and enjoying our family to the fullest. It may not be the same reoccurring dream but it all relates to the same concept. And I think it may have something to do with the fact that as every day passes, as every conversation we have evolves, I seem to fall deeper and more in love with Louis. There is definitely no coming back now but I don't think I would quite like to.

"Alright Mr Tomlinson, your reviews and test results seem to be good and your body has healed wonderfully. I'll call a nurse to get your fiancé the paperwork" the doctor said, showcasing his all too familiar award winning smile.

"Paper work? For? Doc please don't tell me I have more tests to run" Louis groaned.

"The paperwork is so that Miss Clarke can sign you out Mr Tomlinson, you get to go home" he said before leaving.

"Oh god, finally" I sang praises. I was just about done with the hospital.

"You seem more excited than I am" Louis chuckled as I walked over to the door.

"We can't exactly share let alone express out love in a hospital bed Tomlinson" I smirked, leaving an astonishing Louis behind as I went off to sign the awaiting discharge papers.

-

"Mum, please just... we are ok but I..." I heard Louis say as I neared his room.

"Yes I understand that.... No but what I don't understand is how is...." I presume he gets interrupted by his mother again. Louis doesn't see me walk in as he his sat up on the side of his bed with his newly bought phone to his ear.

"Mother please can I at least get the chance to..." he sighs once again.

I walk in, coming closer, drawing his attention to me. He puts up his hand, whispering to me to wait a minute. I give him a reassuring smile before sitting down on the chair, propping my legs up next to him, on the bed.

Upon may sighs and Louis not being able to complete one sentence with his mother, be began tracing random patterns on my leg which showed that he was purely irritated.

"Whatever mum, look I've got to go, yeah love you, bye" he somewhat forced before ending the call.

"You look like you want to scream murder, you should scream" I said randomly.

"I would but then they may reconsider discharging me due to a psychotic scare" he chuckles. "Can we get out of here please?"

"With pleasure" I grinned before I was up on my feet again, placing a peck to his cheek. "Your clothes are in the training bag on the other side of the bed. Liam manged to go and do a shopping with me so I am hoping that all of those all fit"

"You're a star" he smiles before getting put and moving over to the bag and then the bathroom, not before kissing me of course. He has this strange yet loving tendency of kissing me whenever ever he or I go someone, far or near, he needs some type of reassurance. Not that I am object or anything, but hey, what can you do. and there is the possibility that I may actually secretly like it. Who's judging really.

"Mel?" he voiced from the door before emerging from the bathroom in nothing but a pair of socks and low ridden sweat pants.

"Done checking me out?" he smirked with prideful pleasure.

"One, I will never be 'done' checking you out" I said before moving towards him, capturing his lips with mine. Instinctively our hands intertwined around each other. Mine around his neck, his around my waist.

"Hmm mmm" I resisted before pulling away, leaving a smirking Louis before me. "And two, would you for god's sake put on a bloody shirt already" I stood back, out of his embrace before slapping him on his stomach. Soft but effective.

"Ow, damn" he instantly covered his stomach, rubbing the skin which made me chuckle as I began waking over to the small table off on the side of the room to get my phone.

"No, I didn't say I was done" he said and before I could comprehend I was being pulled back by my hoodie.

"Can I help with something Tomlinson?" I smirked as he held me with my back to his front. His arms wrapped around my waist, his resting on my stomach as if he was hugging me from behind.

"Well..." I rested my hands on top of his.

"Where's home Melissa?" he said softly, this time his playful tone disappeared. I knew he was serious at this point.

"I don't know Lou" I sighed.

"I've been thinking about this. Where we would actually go? That plane coming down was not an accident and that being said, I don't think I want to risk us going home. Hell I won't risk us going home" he said, each breath was felt on my neck.

"What did you have in mind Lou?" I turn my head to the side to face him, placing a hand on his cheek.

"I called in a favour. A mate of mine, Josh, he has family down in South Africa. The last place anyone would look for us and well... we can stay for as long as we want. As long as you want Mel"

My facial expression had yet to change.

Oh what the hell.

"Let's go" I said faintly before turning around in his hold to face him. "My home is wherever you are Louis Tomlinson" I genuinely said, with just about everything I had before sealing my what felt like a promise with a kiss... ok maybe it was a rather lengthy kiss but still. I was telling the truth.

Equl�\'���