C H A P T E R - N I N E

|NEVER FORGET YOU|

C H A P T E R — N I N E

Song- Yeh Ishq Hai,
Jab We Met.

________

That's how it is when a person develops an attraction toward someone. He's nowhere, then suddenly he's everywhere, whether you want him to be or not.

Unknown

***************

I found it quite amusing, funny actually, how biology can explain the physical pain you feel in your chest when all you want to do is to be with someone... Specially when you have no idea why it is there to begin with. Or, how to explain it.

It is call heartache, right? That feeling of longing you feel in your chest for a particular someone. Well, it's what I was feeling at this moment.

It was finally The Annual Day.

And if I say I was nervous then I will be lying. I was terrified. But for a completely different reason.

I was sitting in the front of one of the mirrors, in girls changing room, getting ready. It will be our turn after next two performances.

"Relax Kavya, everything will be fine. We will rock it, like we always do", Aliya tried to cheer me up while she tried to fix the mess on the top of my head. My hair.

I forced a small smile at her in the mirror. But I was what actually nervous about right now was not because of my performance. It was because of Amaan. Or lack of him.

I have no idea where he is. And no one have seen him since after school either. Anshuman, his best friend said he didn't received his calls last night. And since today morning his number was switched off.

Where the hell is he?

He was just fine last evening when he took to me to the terrace. He was actually more than fine when he so lovingly caress my hand. He was even normal when he said goodbye to me while parting our ways and told me that he'll see me tomorrow. So, what happened in between?

Why is he not here yet?

He promised me he'll be here, to watch me dance, cheering louder than anyone. But almost one third of the event is over and he's still not here.

I dialled his number again, it was still not reachable.

Bloody hell. I slammed my phone loudly over the dressing table. I wanted to cry.

What the hell is wrong with me?

Why am I so bothered about someone's sudden absence?

But, what if he's in trouble? What if something had have happened to him? What if...

"Alright girls. Be ready, it will be our turn in next five minutes", our group dance teacher said clapping her hands to get our attention.

'Stop it. Stop thinking nonsense, you stupid bitch. And concentrate on your dance. He'll be fine.' My subconscious mind tried to assure me in her own twisted ways.

Maybe she is right. Maybe I'm just overreacting. Everyone is looking for him. They'll find him. He's gonna be alright.

"Come on Kavya, let's go backstage", Aliya placed her assuring hand on my shoulder.