C H A P T E R - F O U R

|NEVER FORGET YOU|

C H A P T E R — F O U R

“And Suddenly all the love songs were about you...”
And I've found this with countless songs.
You may like a song but you never really understand it until an event in your own life ties up with it.
When it comes to love songs this is especially true and as it happens there's a love song to go with every feeling that comes with having a crush; love, hate, hope, frustration, longing, that feeling where you're invisible... I could go on forever.

Unknown

**************

Oh my god Kavya, you are still sleeping? Get up or you are going to miss school", my mother said, more like shouted coming to my room the very next morning when she found me still on bed.

I pretended to be fast asleep, ignoring her calls. I was in no mood to go school today. Or rather, face him.

Gwaad... what I will do? How am I supposed to dance with him when I can't even stand in front of him without making a complete fool of myself?

I know yesterday I said that I'll try to mentally prepare myself to face him. But the truth is- I just can't. It's next to impossible for me to stand in front of him, forget dancing.

So I decided to go for other option. The easiest option. To just avoid school.

And it was no hard task anyway. All I have to do is to pretend to stay in bed and let mum believe that I have fallen sick, which will give me a reason to skip school today and to save myself from taking part in that duet dance performance.

But the only difficult part is to make mum believe my white lie. I don't know how but she just knows whenever I'm lying. She always seems to see straight through my lies.

"What happened baby? Everything alright?", Mum pulled the cover off my face, making me stir from the sun light coming from the open window.

“Let me sleep na, maa. You go please”, I replied to my mother, frowning, then shifted to other side of the bed, away from the blazing sun.

“No. First tell me what's the matter? Why are you still in bed? Are you sick?”, she came to other side and touched my forehead to check if I actually have fever or not.

And her goes my white lie.

“I'm fine maa. I just don't wanna go school today. Can't I skip school for one day? Please”, I open my still sleepy eyes to make the best puppy dog face I can manage.

“Offcourse, you can. But you have to tell me what's the reason? Last night Aliya told me that from today your other dance practice given by your principal will be starting. Then why do you want to skip school? I know you love dancing. Then what happened this time?”, she asked, her brows creased together with curiousity.

Aliya.

That betrayer.

Remind me to kill her the next time I meet her.

Why she has to tell everything to mom? Can't she digest one simple thing? Sometimes I feel she is more of my mother's daughter than my best friend.

But, the damage is already done. And mum is waiting for me to reply. But what am I supposed to say in reply?

Hey mom. There is this guy in my class. I have a huge crush on him. And to my luck I'm going to perform with him. But I'm way too much scared to face him, so I'm just trying to avoid him.