Chapter 5

Emma's POV

I do feel bad for Killian. I've been spending so much time with Neal.. I don't want him to feel forgotten. But hanging with Neal is fun. He's really sweet and funny, and knows how to make me laugh. But so does Killian...

I decided I wanted to spend the day with Killian. Remind him that we are still best friends. He pulled out a card table in his room, showing me some weird game that involved both dice and cards. I still can't figure it out. Defeated, I sat back in my chair and crossed my arms. "That's your seventh win, can we be done now?" I ask, looking at him with hopeful eyes, hoping he'll say yes. "Sure Emma," he says laughing. The dice fell to the floor as we cleaned up and I bent over to pick it up. "How did it still land on the five side?" I ask annoyed. He laughs as he takes the die from me, and flashes the side with the five. "It's a loaded die," he said with a smirk. "That's cheating!" I exclaim with a laugh. "Not if you get caught," he said as he stuck it in his pocket. "Not fair!" I said, jumping on his back and pulling him to the floor. He grunted as he hit the floor, laughing underneath me. He spun me over, pinning my arms down as we both continued to laugh. I kicked my knees into his back hoping he'd in, but he wouldn't. Suddenly Neal burst into his room, raising his voice almost immediately. "Dude what are you doing on top of my girlfriend?" My face froze and I stopped kicking as I felt Killian's grasp loosen on my wrists, looking down at me with his sad puppy dog like eyes. "Girlfriend?" He asked in a whisper. I couldn't make words, so I just nodded. He stood up quickly, turning to Neal. "How long has she been your girlfriend?" He asked with a harsh tone, spitting out the word "girlfriend" like it was a poison. "Two weeks," Neal said. He turned to look at me, his expression not as sad anymore, but angry. "When were you going to tell me? We are best friends Emma," he asked bitterly. "I was going to tell you today.." I said, my words trailing off. He stood there for a minute and stared at the floor, clenching his jaw. "Get out," he muttered. I stood there looking between him and Neal. He slowly looked up at me and gritted his teeth. "Both of you." "Killi-" I began. "OUT!" He shouted. It was like my heart was being broken, and not by my boyfriend, but by my best friend. I left in silence, not speaking to Neal and going to my room, shutting the door behind me.