Chapter 7

Emma's POV

I sat in the kitchen of the house almost all morning, waiting and hoping that Killian would come down. It's been a week since our little fight and he hadn't spoken to me since. I was miserable without my best friend. I even pushed Neal away all week, not in the mood for a boyfriend. I found myself talking to one of my good friends August in that time. He was easy to talk to and we were already close before this week. He's a bit older and like a brother to me so it felt like I was in the company of family. After waiting in the kitchen for what felt like hours, I sighed, realizing he wouldn't come down so I got up to head back up to my room. I got to the doorframe and Killian bumped into me, our eyes locking for a quick second before his gaze shifted off me. "Sorry," he mumbled as he pushed by me into the kitchen. I turned around and whined "Killian it's been a week. When will you give me the time of day?" I asked upset. He grabbed a now cold piece of toast and quickly left the kitchen, heading up the stairs as I trailed close behind. He didn't answer. "Killian," I said annoyed. Nothing. He walked by my room but I grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside with me, shutting my door and leaning against it. He avoided eye contact with me as an exasperated huff came out of his mouth. "You're not leaving until you talk to me," I said boldly. He stood there, running a hand over his face. But he wanted to talk, I just knew he did. He was almost a head taller than me and stronger than I am, he could've easily pushed me aside and left if he wanted to. He crossed his arms and met my eyes. "Fine. About what?" He asked. "You, dimwit. You haven't talked to me in a week. Look, I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I just knew this would happen so I panicked and procrastinated and it made things worse," I walked toward him taking his hand and looking at him with pleading eyes. "I miss my best friend. I need my best friend," I said. He looked down at me and didn't say anything. I thought he wouldn't, but then he pulled me in for a hug and mumbled, "I miss my best friend too." I smiled and hugged him back so tightly I heard him grunt. I laughed to myself and couldn't get the smile off my lips. I had my best friend back.