Cuba - Chapter Three

AN: Hi! *waves* Thanks for reading! :D I hope you're enjoying the story so far.

So, the reason for this authors note is that I am seeking some ideas for this story. Anything that you can think of or would like to read would be really helpful. At the moment I have the first 4 chapters done and I have a few ideas for the rest but nothing substantial. Please help!

Also, total black beauty moment in the photo above. I immediately imagined Travis on its back galloping through the waves with his white shirt flowing in the wind. Lol as if...>>

Okay, on to the chapter!

~
It took Travis almost an hour to remember the excursion. Something about riding horses along the beach. It was his mom's idea and he basically wanted to disown her for it because everyone had gone for it and now he was going to spend the day hung over with the sun beating down on his head, water spraying at his face and a smelly animal between his legs.

When Travis stumbled into the room in the morning, Jared wasn't there to remind him, hence the hour it took for Travis to remember. He stumbled out of bed and into clean clothes before running down the stairs to the hotel lobby. He arrived, panting and disheveled—four star or not, those elevators were still shady—and grinned as casually as he could at the group of tourists waiting for the bus.

"You forgot, didn't you?" his mother asked with a knowing smile.

"Never!" he said, and then dropping the façade, "Do you have any Tylenol?"

She snorted and then sorted through her purse until she found some. Taking it, he glanced over at Jared.

The brunette was talking to his dad. It looked casual but Travis could tell by the tilt of his body, the way that he kept his back ever so slightly facing Travis that he was ignoring him. It sent a thrill of annoyance skittering through him. He couldn't be put back into the ignore zone, not now. They were going to be stuck together for the rest of the week.

Before he knew it, he was standing in front of Jared—maybe a little too close—forcing the other boy to look up at him.

His eyes looked really round from this angle, which was a little disconcerting but puppy-dog-eyes or not, Travis was on a mission.

"Let's pretend that nothing happened," he said.

Not what he had been planning to say—but as he hadn't planned anything at all, he couldn't complain. At least he'd spoken English.

Jared's cheeks turned red instantly.

"Nothing did happened!" Jared said a little too loudly.

He shot his dad a look and grabbed Travis by the wrist, dragging him away from the others.

"What is wrong with you?" he hissed. "Now everyone's gonna think we..."

He fell silent.

Travis bit his lip.

"Well your reaction isn't helping."

Jared grimaced.

"Look, can we just be normal for the rest of the week?" Travis asked.