Chapter Fourteen

Travis woke up with a splitting headache and a sinking feeling in his gut.

He reached for his phone finding it buried in his covers. When he turned it on, it opened to his conversations with Jared and a long list of messages that he didn't remember sending.

Jared, Im sorry.

Answer your phone. I wanna talk about stuff.

Come meet me. Let's go for a walk or something.

Sorry I pushed u around today. I was pissed cuz u ignored me.

Jared!

Answer your fucking phone.

Stop ignoring me!

I know your reading these! Your 2 anal not 2.

Im not going2 stop until you talk to me.

Open your door you dick. Im out side.

I spoke to your dad. hes so nice. your so lucky.

Why didnt you tell me everyone already knows your gay?

It makes me sad when your mad at me... I deserve it though :'(

Okay, passing out now. talk to you tomorrow :)

Travis cringed.

Oh god. Emoticons and all. He was an idiot.

He flipped through his phone, finding a conversation with Lana that made him feel even worse.

Travis, where did you go? I hope you didn't ignore my advice...

Travis? Please don't tell me you went to talk to Jared. You can barely form a sentence... this is not the time!

Sighing, Travis wrote a quick response.

should have taken your advice...

He sighed and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

If he hadn't shown up at Jared's house last night, Jared wouldn't have yet another reason to be even more annoyed with him. Then again, he never would have heard what Henry'd had to say.

Jared loved him...

A smile tugged at his lips and wouldn't leave. Getting up, taking a hot shower, getting dressed, eating breakfast, Travis couldn't stop smiling.

"What's got you in such a good mood?" his mom asked from the door of the kitchen.

Travis looked up at her, still in her nightgown, dark hair a disaster and glasses askew on her face.

"Did you know too?" Travis asked.

"Know what?" she yawned walking into the kitchen and grabbing the cereal box.

"That Jared is in love with me."

His mom jumped, the cereal sprayed all over the floor as she spun around to look at him, her jaw slack.

"You found out!"

Travis laughed at her dramatic reaction.

"Henry told me. Last night."

His mother frowned.

"That wasn't for him to share," she said.

Travis shrugged.

"Maybe, but I'm glad he told me. Somebody had to and Jared sure as hell wasn't about to."

His mother's frown deepened for a moment and then slowly morphed into gleeful excitement. Her brows lifted higher than he thought was possible and her grin nearly reached her ears.