Chapter 4- Puddle of Sorrow

I felt numb and aghast. I stared into Hunter's eyes for what felt like ages. I couldn't quite adjust to his words. "He..um..he got in a car accident and..it was an automatic trauma to his head and uh.. he..passed away. I'm sorry." He murmured. He looked at me and we both broke out into tears. I hurried to hug him, squeeze him. That alone feeling I had before...Now it's permanent. "I'm so sorry.." Hunter lightly says. I think it got to him too only because he knew how close I was to my dad and he really never got to experience that feeling. We ended up falling asleep on the hanging chair for about an hour.

We took a long walk around my neighborhood and he insisted for me to tell him funny stories about my dad to make me feel better. It seemed to work. He held my hand while we walked and talked. Hunter asked questions about my dad and it felt good to tell him how good a person my dad was. I think about how lucky I am to actually have had a dad present in my life for a while. Hunter asks some of my favorite traits of my dad. I say his confidence and how much adulation he had for his family. I eventually broke out into tears and I started to wheeze. We had to take a break and I cried for about 25 minutes straight while Hunter just held me in his arms.

Hunter and I walk back into the house and I see my mom and Hunter's mom passed out on the couch with Brandon and Ashton, Hunter's brothers, in our study room. Everyone else is gone. "Hunter I'm going to take a shower." "Okay, take your time." I hop into the shower feeling teary-eyed and despondent. I feel the water from the shower run down on me, but I couldn't tell which one was my mournful tears or which one was the steaming water. I feel a burn in my heart and lungs. A burn as if someone had just lit a match inside of me. Not only a cloud of darkness had taken full control of me, but a shadow of weakness is now haunting me. I get out of the shower and head up to my room. I begin to feel light headed and before I know it, I had fainted.

I ended up in my bed with Hunter's arms around me, as if I was a teddy bear. "How are you feeling? You passed out on the stairs, I lifted you up the rest of the stairs and put you in bed." He says. "Oh really? Thank you." I hug him. I spot my lemonade and my pill on my nightstand. "Thank you love." I say in a silky voice. He smiles. I can tell he had been sobbing. It's extremely noticeable how stressed out he is with the fact of me being depressed. He asks how I feel, I say not well. I then ask him the same question and he says not well because of how I am. I lay next to him on my bed and he turns on one of my favorite movies. I rest my head on his shoulder and I feel water streaming down my face. I was crying. I didn't even feel it anymore, I had gotten so used to it. I started to actually cry. This time it wasn't from my eyes, it was from my soul. Hunter wrapped his arms around me and I could feel his warmth and I can hear his heart beating.

He lays his head on top of mine and I feel a tear of his. I can see how badly he aches too. We fall asleep to the sound of the movie and we are still wrapped up together. It's about 2:00am and his phone rings. "Hello?" Hunter asks in a raspy and sleepy voice. I wake up. We looked at each other puzzled. Who would call at 2 am? I think to myself. "Hi, is this Hunter Rowland?" "Speaking." He answers back. "Mr. Rowland we need you to come down to the station." The cop says. "Police station?" Hunter seems confused. "Yes. We need you to identify a body..We believe you have connections between the suspect and the victim..We need you here first thing 7:00am." Hunter dropped the phone, in shock. He turned pale. "What do you want to do??" I asked.

                         "What is there to do?"