Chapter 11- Missing Pieces

When I first met the Rowland's, it hit me like a train that I knew for a fact they were indeed good people. Christine, an amazing single mother raising her kids with such care and raising them right. Ashton, a little over protective fireball. Brandon, a guy who had no worries in the world and outgoing. Hunter, no words can explain how beautiful it was to meet him. I was so careful hugging him, because I knew I was hugging my world and I had to handle him with care. All of them have always been so very educated. They were all.. flawless. I became a better person after meeting them. It was as if I sketched my world and they came along with a highlighter and made it much more brighter. I can't bare to loose that feeling.

I stare at him like I'm examining the inside of his brain. "Bell? You okay?" He asks. "Let's go, yeah?" So we get into the car and he starts driving to a little cute café. He's driving and I'm trying to imagine my life with out him. We get to the café that's called, Lola Coffee. We go inside and we take a table for two outside. I haven't said a word to him since we left. "Okay. What's going on.." He stares at me waiting for a response. I keep looking at the menu, "I was going to ask you the same thing." Then I finally gather up the courage to finally look up at him and say what has been on my mind, leaving out his mom with cancer part. "I saw your acceptance letter to UCLA." He slowly rubs his fingers through his light brown hair. "Bella, you have acceptance letters too. We eventually have to start planning our future. We're seniors in high school and have about 6 more weeks left. I have other acceptance letters you know. I got one from USD. San Diego is beautiful and USD is one of the best law schools in the country. I'm leaning towards that." My heart felt like an anchor just sink all the way to the tip of my toe. I stir my coffee and feel my eyes getting watery and my face go into flames. "I got one too. From Nevada. I'm thinking about going there. I just..I just can't imagine life without you." He goes from looking at the stitch from the table cloth and looks up at me. "And I can't imagine breathing without you. Trust me, I'll visit.. A lot." He puts his hand on top of mine and I shed a tear on his hand. He didn't mind it, it was like my tear felt like silk.

We finally finish with our brunch and head over to the mall to meet up with the one and only, Blake Gray and his girlfriend Riley. Riley and I, in and out of stores with our bags of clothes with matching shoes. Hunter and Blake, in and out of stores too and we all have a bunch of bags. "So how are you and Blake?" I ask Riley while we walk to meet up with the boys. "We're okay. Trying to deal with the rumor going around of him and Loren Beech messing around." "Woah. That's some harsh stuff. Let me know if you need anything." That is really intense. Here I am thinking that Hunter and I going to different colleges was the worst case.

It's about 3:40 pm and Hunter and I arrive at my house. "Hi mom! Ciao Petunia!" I hug my mom and so does Hunter. I get in the shower while my mom and my boyfriend talk. I can't keep the thought of Hunter not knowing that his mom has cancer out of my head. Is that why she hasn't been here for so long? So her sons wouldn't suspect anything? Getting treatments out of the country? I get out of the shower changed and freshened up. Hunter's phone rings. "Excuse me." He says and walks off to the corner of the room. "Hello? Yes. She..My mom..has what?" I'm searching for an answer to what this phone call is about, and I found it. Cancer.

"Bella! Gotta go. My mom is in the hospital for..for..cancer." He looks green and transparent. "I'm coming." I hug my mom goodbye. "Don't let him drive." My mom whispers and I get in the car with Hunter. He is having an anxiety attack. Sweaty, pale, and shaky. "Hunter, let me drive honey." I say in a soothing voice considering there is a slight chance that I might calm him down. "No. I. I. I'm." Now he's scaring me. "HUNTER LET ME DRIVE THE CAR. I KNOW. IT'S SCARY. CALM DOWN PLEASE. LET ME DRIVE THE FREAKING CAR." He stops and we switch seats.

The both of us arrive at his house to pick up Brandon and Ashton. "What the hell is going on?! Why does Hunter look like he's about to explode?" Brandon keeps looking at Hunter and then back at me. "No time to explain, both of you, in the car." I tell them. Ashton and Brandon both grab their phones and get in the car with us. "Bella?" Ashton asks. "Yes?" "Is Hunter on crack?" "Not yet Ash." They have no idea what this is all about and I am not planning on telling them.

Finally we arrive at the hospital and Hunter gets out running. "Why are we at a hospital??!!!" Brandon looks really worried. I go after Hunter and his brothers behind me. "CHRISTINE ROWLAND. I'M HER SON. WHERE IS SHE?" Hunter looks like he's about to choke out the front office lady if he doesn't get an answer in the next two seconds. "Room 168." We all sprint. "My mom??" Ashton looks at me with big blue eyes. We see her plugged in. "Mommy." Hunter starts crying and the three boys hug her sobbing. This hurts. It's painful to watch. It brings back memories. They're all in pain and breaks me to witness such a thing. She's sleeping. Suddenly, the monitor starts beeping like crazy. BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP, BEEP. "No. WHAT? WHAT IS GOING ON?!" Ashton yells in distress.

"SOMEONE HELP! PLEASE!"