Chapter 2

First of all, I'd like to thank those of you who voted and read my story. It makes me so, so happy to see that people enjoy reading my books. :)) If you have any idea what should happen next, comment below. Love you guys! -Skye

****

Nate's Point of View

   From kindergarten to sophomore year, Cassidy has always been my best friend. We always hung out with each other every day and talked. We didn't care that by this age, boy and girl friendships "didn't exist" anymore. It didn't bother me that people thought we were dating, although Cassidy seems to blush at the thought. We were friends that didn't care about being judged.

  Cass was the only girl who didn't care about her appearance and even went to school in pajamas once. She openly says what she believed in, is very direct about what she's saying, and is a gamer too. Once we became friends, I introduced her to the rest of my friends. At first, Kurt and Michael didn't accept her, but once she owned them in a game of Halo, she was now one of the guys.

  Lately, she has been a little bit. . . off, I guess. She seems to be somewhere else when I speak to her, can't seem to look me straight in the eyes. It seems like she doesn't like any of the girls I date and actually made a point of telling me yesterday ( while we were talking in my room) that they were rude rich pigs. At that point, I got really mad and let out all my anger on her from this past week. She cowered in fear and scurried off, once I turned my back on her.

   I couldn't but help feeling guilty. Maybe I shouldn't have yelled at her, but she shouldn't have told me that my dating choice was terrible. It's just that life has been pretty terrible for me lately. My grades in math have been failing, my mom has been sick in bed for months, and now I'm losing the only person I trust other than my parents. 

  I looked back to where she once was, heaved a sigh, and landed on my bed, staring at my ceiling. Life hasn't been easy ever since high school started. It's test after test, hours of studying past bedtime, and drama around the corner. I hope Cass will forgive me after what I've done. I pull out my phone and lay my stomach on a pillow.

  Nate: Hey, are you awake? 

  Cassidy: Yeah :p

  Nate: I'm really sorry for yelling at you today, it's just that life's been so stressful and all. :(

  Cassidy: Ok

  Nate: What's with you these days? You never seem to want to hang out with me or the guys. 

  Cassidy: Nothing, okay? 

   Nate: Ok, ok, I'm sorry for asking. Anyways do you wanna go get fro-yo tomorrow at 11:00? -B

   Cassidy: Sure, I don't have any plans

  Nate: Then it's a date. I'll make sure to bring my best sweatshirt ;p

  Cassidy: Haha. See you there Nate :)

   I flip over on my pillow and close my eyes, finally at peace. I'm glad that Cass and I have made up. Unlike most girls, she brushes it off and doesn't make such a big deal about it. That's one of the many reasons we're close to each other. 

 ****

  The next day. . .

   I wake up and find sunlight streaming through the window blinds. I sit up in bed and yawn. My alarm reads 9:00. Only 2 more hours, until I can meet up with Cass.

  I stumble over to my bathroom, brush my teeth, throw on a sweatshirt, and head down for breakfast. 

  "Mornin' sleepy head," my younger sister, Emma, smirks at me.