Chapter 3

Wow! So many readers in such a short time! I'd like to thank those who read/commented/voted on my books. I made sure to not use curse words since I know that there are young readers on here. Love you guys xoxo -Skye

   Cassidy's Point Of View

  I watch myself in the mirror as Jackie spreads an even layer of light pink lip gloss over my lips. She squeezes the tube of lip gloss onto a Q-tip and continues to add the shimmery substance on my mouth.

  "And. . . Smack your lips together." Jackie orders, demonstrating.

  I do as she says. "So, why are we doing this again?" 

   She circles me for a moment, checking my makeup before heading to my closet for something I can wear.

   "You want to impress Nate, right?" She calls back to me without looking back.

    Jackie had come over after I had called and said that Nate was inviting me to Mimi's for frozen yogurt. She squealed over the phone and immediately drove over to my house. She insisted that she help me for my "date" (even though we were just hanging out).

   I walked over to where she was standing and placed and looked over at her shoulder at the outfit she had picked. A low v-neck black top, a pink mini skirt, and heels. 

  I pursed my lips.  "I don't really like that look, it's not really my style."

  "Oh, c'mon Cass! I know you like Nate, everyone does! If you want him to finally notice you, you have to wear something that stands out." She exclaimed, but went to work anyway.

    She searched around my closet again before deciding on something new. She placed the new outfit against my floral bedsheets. It was a spaghetti-strap dress decorated with roses. 

  "Too girly."

  "Ok. Here's my last try. After this, you're on your own."

   She held up the new outfit combination once she was done looking. Hmm. A light pink shoulder-less top, jean shorts, and sandal wedges with a ring of pink lining the bottom. Typically I'm not much of a 'pink girl', but it looks super comfortable and cute.

   "Jackie, you've done it again." I hugged my best friend.

   "Okay, now all we have to do is fix your hair." She placed me in front of my bedroom mirror. 

   "I think the best thing to do is add a small bun on top of your head and maybe a small braid circling it," she says. 

    She twisted my hair up into a little bun on my head and braided strands of my hair into a little circle. around the bun. She let 2 long strands of hair loose because it helped 'frame my face' she said.

   "Wow," I say, admiring myself. 

   "See, this is why I need you around," I told her.

"True dat. Without me, you'd be a huge mess!" She laughed, to which I stuck my tongue at her.

    It's true. When it came to makeovers and fashion, Jackie was the one I'd call for. I couldn't wait for Nate to see me now.

   So she headed off for home while I drove off to Mimi's to meet Nate. 

   When I arrived, I pulled down my shorts and fixed my hair. Breathe Cassidy, just breathe. Why are you so worried? It's just your best friend. But I knew he wasn't really. He was the guy who I had to watch have ups and downs. Someone who I've known since I was little. The person I've always cared for, but has no clue how much I do. My crush.