FORTY NINE ▶ FAYE'S FIRST DATE

"What do you mean your canceling on me?" Caroline said to Faye over the phone. There was annoyance in her voice directed at the hybrid who had to ditch setting up for Miss Mystic Falls. 

"I'm sorry. I forgot that I had a volunteer shift at the hospital." Faye said to her as she loaded up different utensils and medicines on of the carts for the nurses there who would have to go around and do the daily check ups for the patients in the pediatric center. It wasn't much of surprise when they asked her, a volunteer, to handle things that weren't supposed to be handled by her, but most of the on call nurses and doctors there saw her as basically one of them and didn't care much, "But in place of me, you have Lacey who actually would love to help you."

"Are you saying that you didn't want to help me set up?" Caroline's tone made Faye's eyes widened, knowing she put herself in a bad spot.

"It's just, you get kind of crabby when you're doing this stuff and it's the only time I've been afraid for my life around you." Faye told her softly, letting out a long sigh. Caroline grumbled on the other line, "I'm sorry, really."

"You and Stefan are really bad at Miss Mystic Falls attendance." Caroline huffed.

"I'm gonna' come to the event, I'm just not helping you set up for it." Faye told her. She then frowned when she realized fully what she said, "Why is Stefan not coming?"

"Him and Elena broke up." The blonde revealed sadly, "He's really upset and he might spiral out of control. As one of his sober sponsors, I'm not allowing that to happen."

"Why did they break up? I thought Elena chose him." Faye furrowed her brows together in confusion.

Caroline sighed, "I think she changed her mind. She told him she has feelings for Damon."

Faye's mouth formed into an 'o' shape. She wasn't surprised at the fact Elena had feelings for him, but she was surprised that she actually came out and said it. It wasn't something she expressed and when Stefan tried to get her to admit it, she refused.

"Wow." Faye whistled, "Does Damon know?"

"Are you really asking about him right now?" 

"Yes, I am. He'd be over the moon if he heard that." The strawberry blonde said, "I'm team Salvatore happiness. Damon gets to be happy finally and then I'm going to work on Stefan's. Find him a nice girl and they'll fall in love."

"Who do you have in mind?"

Faye grinned widely in response, "You'll see, Care. I'll talk to you later. I need to finish this or Meredith might have my head."

"Fine." Caroline sighed out, "I'm still mad at you though."

"I will do everything in my power to make you forgive me."

There was a chuckle from the blonde vampire before goodbyes were exchanged. Faye hung up her phone and placed it into the pocket of her pants. She let out a long exhale before getting back to work on restocking the necessary items on the cart.

She was crouched down towards the floor to load up the bandages on the bottom shelf of the cart when an accent she was too familiar with seeped into her ears.

"Talking on the job?"

Faye didn't look up at him for a second and kept at work, "Not anymore so go away, Klaus. I'm trying to prepare for my future."

Klaus ignored her completely, a small smile growing on his lips, "I just need to ask you a question and when I went to the event preparation, I ran into your aunt who pointed me in this direct."

"Why didn't you just shoot me a text?"

"I find it much more intimate to ask in person." He responded. Faye finally looked over at him and raised a brow at his words. He only smiled and continued, "What time should I pick you up tomorrow?"