I Wish I Was The Moon....

I wish I was the moon tonight......

My name is Annabel Hallow, daughter of Fred and Ann Hallow, my parents who recently went missing. Tonight is my 21st birthday, my best friend is taking me to this new club in NYC, I'm excited but I have this uneasy feeling that I just can't shake off. Oh well, I need this.

The laptop click shut and Annabel sat on the edge of her bed, she was 21 but her room looked as though a teenager lived there. She gazed out the window, the sun was slowly disappearing behind the buildings. That was when she heard a knock coming from the front door, downstairs. She hopped off the bed and walked out of her room.

At the large glass door stood a short girl with blonde hair, much different than the tall dark haired girl Annabel was, but it was her best friend, Sage Morrison. Sage smiled and waved, her pink dress barely leaving anything to the imagination. Annabel waved back and opened the door, receiving a tight hug from her friend and then handed a Victoria Secret bag.

"What's this?" Annabel arched her eyebrow, knowing what was in the bag already but a bit shocked that her ex-boyfriend would actually have Sage give this to her.

"It's from Frank, my guess it's something sexy that he wants you to wear for him tonight." Sage rolled her eyes, she never liked Frank, she believed he was mean and controlling towards Annabel.

Annabel slid her fingers in the bag and pulled out a black and white lingerie. "Oh god!" She shoved it back in the bag and tossed it to the side. "I wish he'd stop, I didn't fuck him while we were together and I'm not going to fuck him now." She grabbed her purse that was hanging on a hook near the door. "Let's go."

"I hope you stay true to your words." Sage said after a few moments of silence as they drove down the suburb roads. "I know he can be charming and all, and I also know it's not my place to speak, but I'm scared for you, Anna. He's not nice, at all." 

"I know, Sage. Don't worry, I doubt he'll even show up at the club tonight." Annabel turned her head, looking out the window, it was dark now. The moonlight lit up the dark roads. She thought about Frank, he had always tried to have sex with her whenever they had a second to be alone, Annabel refused, she was a virgin and was a bit nervous to loose it, especially to someone like Frank. 

While the girls drove down the back roads, heading up towards the city, the sang to the popular pop songs that played on the radio and danced a bit as they did. Sage glanced over at Annabel for just a second when Annabel caught something out of the corner of her eyes.

"Stop!" She screamed, their bodies slamming forward as Sage slammed on the breaks, screeching of the wheels probably scaring off any animal in the near distance. 

"Oh my god, what the fuck?" Sage was taking long deep breaths, looking around at the empty road. 

"I swear to god someone was standing right there with his hand up." Sage gave Annabel a odd look, then shook her head.

"There's no one there, Anna." She slowly released the break and continued driving.

That uneasy feeling Annabel had before rose higher and higher in the pit of her stomach, she would have sworn a tall man had been standing there, a worry look on his face. But she had to let it go, it must have just been her imagination, those fears of hers playing with her head. It was too late to turn back anyway.

The girls didn't speak much for the rest of the ride, the radio just quietly played in the background as the drove the rest of the way to the club. When they arrived, they stood outside in a line, it took a little bit until they finally were able to get in, but when they did they were more than glad. The cold night air had been nipping at their bare skin, Annabel wanted to scream but the warmth of the club changed that.