Love facts

A four-leaf clover is often considered good luck, but it is also part of an Irish love ritual. In some parts of Ireland, if a woman eats a four-leaf clover while thinking about a man, supposedly he will fall in love with her.

___________________

A man's top dating fears include that a woman will come between him and his friends, won't allow him free time, will turn out to be a stalker, won't respect him, or will be too high maintenance.

___________________

Couples usually wait until six to eight dates before they are willing to enter into an exclusive relationship.

___________________

Dating specialists suggest that if a woman doesn't return a call after two messages, she is not interested.

__________________

Engagement rings are often worn on the fourth finger of the left hand because the ancient Greeks maintained that that finger contains the vena amoris, or the "vein of love," that runs straight to the heart. The first recorded wedding rings appear in ancient Egypt, with the circle representing eternity as well as powerful sun and moon deities.

_________________

Falling in love can induce a calming effect on the body and mind and raises levels of nerve growth factor for about a year, which helps to restore the nervous system and improves the lover's memory.

________________

Getting dumped often leads to "frustration attraction," which causes an individual to love the one who dumped him or her even more.

________________

Having a romantic relationship makes both genders happier. The stronger the commitment, the greater the happiness!

________________

Humans like mystery and "the chase," so don't be too "available" to a date. Dating experts typically suggest not sleeping too early with a date because the longer the chase, the more likely love will blossom.

_______________

If a group of women are standing together but their eyes are wandering, they are likely to be looking for guys. If they each take a turn to break away from the group to head to the bathroom alone, they are on the prowl. If they are huddled together giggling, they are usually not interested in finding men.

_______________

Love can also exert the same stress on your body as deep fear. You see the same physiological responses-pupil dilation, sweaty palms, and increased heart rate.

_______________

Many cultures use knots as symbols of an eternal love that has neither a beginning nor an end. Young Muslim women would send love messages to their lovers using intricate knots.

_______________

Mystery or "the chase" is often a critical element in romantic love. Sometimes called the "Romeo and Juliet effect," a situation with challenges or obstructions is likely to intensify one's passion for a loved one.

_______________

One of the greatest predictors of love is proximity. Physical closeness leads to increased emotion, and it is not unusual to hear stories of bosses falling in love with their secretaries. On the other hand, scientists now think that at a critical time in childhood (sometime between ages 4-6), boys and girls who live in close proximity lose their ability to fall in love with each other, perhaps preventing the destructive act of mixing one's DNA with close kin.