PAGE-21-

PAGE-21-

HARLEY’S POV

Nagising siyang nakagapos sa isang upuan at punit-punit ang mga damit,halos hindi rin siya gaanung makakilos sa tindi nang pambubugbog na tinamo niya.napapikit siya nang makaramdam nang sakit nang ulo at sa pagpikit niyang iyon naalala niya kung pano naganap ang lahat

I remember that I was wearing my best suit. I figured out that the greatest night of my life deserve the best I could give. I was a wreck that night, sweating cold and hot alternately. The date I set with Codilyn was at seven, and six I was already worried that she wouldn’t come.

I paced the floor of the restaurant I exclusively rented for the two of us, every now and then fingering the diamond ring I had in my pocket. It was the night I asked Codilyn Bronte to be my wife.

In my mind, it was all set up. All was perfect. She would walk in, be dazzled by the daffodils petals at her feet, and be so dazzled by the ring that she could do nothing but cry and nod that, yes, she would be with me forever.

I first knew that something was wrong when she came in two hours late. I’d been calling her phone for the whole of two hours but she was not picking up. I was beside myself calling Throwie, calling all of her friends and asking if they’d seen her or were with her.

All the while visions of her lying in a pool of blood, in a car accident, or even at the merciless hands of kidnappers flashed through my mind. I was about to go to the police station when she walked in.

God! I cried, running to hug her. where have you been? Do you know how worried I was? Why weren’t you answering my calls? Where have you been?

I saw the look in her eyes and I had to stop. I have never seen so much pain in her eyes before. Her eyes were rubbed raw and teary. And I knew she’d been crying.

Codilyn, I said, cupping her face in my hands. what’s wrong? She looked at me, and I could see that her spirit seemed broken.

Do you want to marry me?She asked

I think I choked on my own spit when she asked me that. I didn’t know what to tell her so I brought out the ring and gave it to her.

You know I would marry you right now if I could, I told her

harley!

Be my wife, Codilyn. I promise to make you happy. I…She cut me off by holding a finger up.Shaking her head, she looked me in the eye and said with steel in her voice.

NO.no Harley..” I must have misheard. That’s not how it happened in my fantasies.