The Morning

Ciel's P.OV

   "Time to get up, young master," Sebastian bent over me, his smooth voice ringing in my ears. I could feel the smirk on his face. I mumbled incoherently. Even I didn't know what I was saying! Probably something like, 'Go away' or 'I'm tired'. I pulled the duvet over my head and tried to get back to my dream. "You have a schedule to keep to. After your violin lesson, Lady Elizabeth will be coming over for a visit."

   I sat up in my bed abruptly, nearly knocking the tray of tea out of Sebastian's hands. He adjusted everything on the tray and stood up straight. 

   "Lizzy! Since when?" I questioned my butler. scratching the back of my head.

   "Since you arranged it yesterday, my lord." He said in a sarcastic tone. I looked up at him, frowning. Every time Lizzy came over, she either suffocated me with hugs or she tried to make the mansion and I look 'cute'. "Now we don't want you late now, do we?" Sebastian carefully placed the tray down and pulled the duvet off my legs. I instantly felt a rush of cold over me, giving me goosebumps. He walked over to my chair and picked up my shirt which had been folded neatly, along with my shorts, socks, shoes and jacket.

   "Sebastian," I said, picking up my eye patch and tying it around my right eye. His head twitched in my direction. When I had gotten his attention, I carried on. "Why am I with Elizabeth?"

   My butler strode back over to me and slid on my shirt.

   "She is your betrothed. It is necessary for nobility such as yourself to marry others of noble blood." He replied in a soothing voice. His crimson eyes were glued to me, making me shiver.

   "Yes, I know. But why my cousin?" I placed a hand on his wrist, making him pause. He let go of the ribbon around my neck and sighed.

   "I believed it is mandatory for relatives to be married. Anything further into your marriage, I do not know, young master." He leaned forward, resuming his bow tying. I felt his cold fingers lightly brush my neck every now and then, giving me a funny feeling inside my stomach. It felt warm and strange, and I had never experienced it before. The same feeling sent a shiver down my spine. I shook it off.

   "What time will Lizzy be arriving?" I questioned, snapping out of the funny feeling. Sebastian had finished putting my jacket and shorts on, and so he had moved over to the socks.

   "One O'clock, my lord." He pulled up the second sock and began to tie the laces to the first shoe. He did it with such precision and speed that my eyes began to hurt. I rubbed them, making them go slightly red. "It is best not to irritate your eyes, my lord. They might get an infection." My butler gently pulled my hand away from my face. The moment he touched my hand, I felt my face heat up. I tugged my hand out of his gentle grip and patted down my hair, making sure it covered as much of my face as possible.

   Once Sebastian had finished, I stood up and walked into the bathroom. I told my butler to prepare breakfast for me. When he had left, after saying his signature phrase 'Yes, My Lord', I splashed cold water onto my face, making sure that I didn't wet my clothing, and brushed my teeth. Why did I react to Sebastian's touch like this?

   Maybe I have a fever.