Chapter 8

HIS POV

The next day, Jin-hyung woke us up early in the morning. We prepared our stuff so that we can carry on with journey to the ship. It's our first time having a vacation like this without somebody supervising us that's why everyone was eager to get ready.

"Hyung, Aunt Em said they went ahead of us because they have a few stops to make before they will go to the ship. But she said she'll let us know when they get there. By the way, the cruise is going to have a dinner party tonight as a celebration for their opening. It's a formal event so we have to buy some suits before we get there." Taehyung informed me as we met in the lobby.

I nodded and we got in the van. We asked the driver to make stop at a store to buy some other necessities and clothes. We took a rather long time because all of us love to shop and we tend to get carried along. Finally, Suga-hyung reminded us that we have to go so that we won't be late.

We ate a late lunch and continued traveling. When we arrived at the harbor, everyone was fascinated by the scene in front of us. There were many people waiting to get on the ship. All from different races. Most of them are families on vacation and some are couples in their honeymoon. Children of all ages were also present, playing with their toys or having fun with their parents.

We immediately embarked on the ship as the gates opened. People hung garlands of flowers on our necks before welcoming us warmly.The crew of the ship checked our tickets and showed us the way to our cabin.

"Waahh. It's really big in here. This must have cost a lot of money." Jimin exclaimed the moment we opened the door. The crew helped us with our luggages before exiting the door.

The cabin we rented wasn't just a room. It was a suite.

"Whoa." V was already exploring everything. From the fully stocked fridge, the huge flat screen TV, the Jacuzzi in the bathroom and to the 2 king-sized bed in each room.

"Hey guys! Here are the room keys. Please don't lose them. Especially you, Taehyung." I said, handing each of them the cards.

We decided to play rock-paper-scissors to decide who would be staying alone in the 4th room and I ended up being winning. The others doesn't seem to mind though, I bet they are relieved they won't be disturbed by my snores. We started to unpack and then took a short nap so we won't be tired for the party this evening.

I heard a knock at my door and Jhope poked his head in.

"Namjoon, the party will start at 7:30. I already set an alarm and I'll just wake you guys up."

"Okay. I got it." I said relaxed myself in the bed before closing my eyes.

_________

At exactly 6pm, Jhope came to my room to wake me up. Everybody was starting to get ready for party. I think the party was a good idea. It'll help us meet other people and make friends.

A little after 7, we got out and set off to the dining area. The cruise was so big but there were signs everywhere so we managed to find our way.

The waiters greeted us as we entered and guided us to our seat. Several people were already inside, dressed in suits and gowns of different types. V couldn't stop moving and his eyes were constantly roaming around the area.

"Who are you looking for V?" I asked him.

"I'm looking for Aunt Em. She said they are currently preparing for the party. I can't wait to meet her family." He explained.

"Stop that. You look like you're about pee." Jimin said laughing at him.

Suddenly, V sprang up to his seat and ran to the door. We turned our heads and we saw Aunt Em at the door, her arm looped around a chinky-eyed guy. She saw us and waved, pulling the guy along with her. We stood up and greeted her.

"Hey boys! Nice to see you." She said as she gave each of us a kiss in the cheek. "This was the son I was talking about. Come on honey, introduce yourself." She said tugging at her son.

"Hello. My name is Kenji. Nice to meet you." He introduced himself bowing at us.

Before we could respond, the door opened again and we all turned our heads to the noise.

The moment my eyes landed on her, I knew I was screwed. She was wearing a simple tube dress. But it wasn't the one that caught our eyes. Neither did the fact that her back was exposed. It was the color of the dress. It was flaming red, complementing her skin. The gown fitted her perfectly, clinging to her curves as it was tight up to her waist. Her dark hair curled, framing her face. I was shamelessly staring at her, watching her every move. She walked gracefully, her arm around a man in his mid-twenties. She turned her head towards us and the moment our eyes met, her lips broke into a smile. She glanced at the man and pointed at us. The man nodded before walking side by side with her.

She stood up in front of me and Aunt Em introduced them.

"This is my niece, Summer. And these are my nephews: Stephen, Seth, Sean and Stefan.." She continued but I wasn't listening anymore. I was still staring at her, my mouth slightly open. Luckily, nobody seemed to notice as they were busy introducing themselves.

Does she remember me? I asked myself.

"Hey Namjoon." She poked me playfully.

"You know each other?" The guy beside her—Stephen, asked.

"Yeah. We met at the plane. They were in the same flight." She explained.

"Nice to meet you guys. Aunt Em told me about you. I hope we can be close friends." Summer said smiling at us.

They informed the waiters that they would be seating with us and they immediately arranged a bigger table. All of us started getting to know each other and for some unknown reason, Summer was seated beside me. I knew the boys planned this and I don't know if I should thank them or strangle them.

Suddenly, Seth burst out laughing. We all turned our heads to him and he was still cracking up.

"Have you gone crazy? I mean, I knew you were already crazy but I think you're getting insane." We all laughed as Sean raised his eyebrow at Seth.

"Shut up." Seth smiled playfully and pointed at me and Summer. "They're matching. Like a couple."

I looked down and remembered that I was wearing a red tie exactly the same shade as her gown. We looked at each other and I looked down, hiding my red face as the others started teasing us.

"I think maybe you should be her escort tonight, Namjoon." Her mother Aunt Lou, said winking at me.

I looked at her and nodded smiling shyly.

Yep, I'm definitely screwed.