Part 2

No ones POV
Five weeks have passed now and Everything had been going great for Abyssal and Guardian although over time Abyssal asked her self at times if she liked him...more than she should. That would be put to the test tonight..Someone was planning an assassination and Guardian was the target.

Abyssal's POV
I walked through the dark hallways of the palace heading to my own room when I heard a muffled growl and two thuds and stiffened. <Enemy in the palace!> was the first thing I thought and didn't even realize I had broken off the chain around my neck and started running in the direction where it came from my claws scrapping against the floor as I swerved around the corner cutting off the attacker and inhaled sharply as I saw the shadowy figure standing in the hallway that would usually be lit up by torches. I lit up the teal stripes on my under scales to get a better look only to see it had no physical body! It was like it was made from shadows! I stood my ground as it charged at me "Gift of the cursed....let me be able to pierce the darkness....to fight this new enemy" I said quietly feeling the ice cold chill run down my spine I growled "You shall not get any farther!" As I lashed out at the under scales while feeling claws slash across my face and slightly scratch my back making me grit my teeth. "Die Slave!" I heard the creature snarl. Then claws sliced at my throat and my under belly blood pouring out of the wounds as the world spun before I was knocked over hearing the icy cold disoriented tone of the creature hiss "Goodb-" before the world started to go black I heard someone yell my name.

Guardian's POV
I was in my room ready to call it a night when I heard the clatter of a chain hitting the floor and the loud sound as claws scrapped against the floor now closer nearby. "You shall not get any farther!" I heard a familiar voice say <was that Abyssal!?> I thought and with no hesitation did I run out of my room and into the hallway before hearing a voice cold as ice and disoriented hiss "Die Slave!" Turning the corner my blood boiled as I saw a shadow creature knock Abyssal down onto the floor blood pouring out of claws wounds the most important ones on her neck and under belly. "Goodb-" I cut it off roaring in anger "GET AWAY FROM ABYSSAL YOU DEMON OF THE NIGHT!" And rushed at it attempting to attack when it quickly dodged backing away it snarled "This Isn't The Last You've Seen Of Me...." It hissed before fading away vanishing into the night. I quickly turned placing  a claw onto the deep claw slash in Abyssal's neck and applied pressure to try and slow down the bleeding. "VERANDES!!" I roared loudly followed by a voice saying "My King! What is the Mat-" His Icy blue eyes went wide seeing Abyssal as I looked at him "Please...Help Her.." I said my voice cracked mid sentence as he quickly took Abyssal and ran to his own room where he would be able to take care of her wounds. <Abyssal forgive me......I broke the promise I made to you....that night.....I couldn't protect you....I'm sorry...> I thought to myself as I hung my head the tears running down my face.