Chapter 23

Vote, Comment, and/ or Follow for dedication

not edited sorry 

Chapter 23

Eva's POV

I slid into the soft chair in Papá's office and faced the man I've called father my whole life. Evil in every sense of the word. He unbuttoned his blazer jacket and sat across from me in his chair. His face was stony and serious.

"May I ask what happened in the gym a few minutes ago?" He asked me.

I shrugged but held eye contact. "I just tried to kill your favorite daughter... Giovanni." I smirked.

He didn't even show surprise. "And why would you try to do something like that, Evelina?" He didn't deny anything.

That caused a flare of anger to surge through me. Addy really was his favorite. "She is a means to an end. A means in which I plan to eliminate."

Papá sat back in his seat unfazed. "Alina put you up to this, didn't she?"

I shrugged again as I sat back and smirked at the man in front of me. He stared at me with a hard gaze before leaning forward.

"What do you gain from all of this Eva? How do you benefit from killing Adelaide, other than getting the throne of course?" He asked.

"Addy can have the business, Papá. I have my own to care for now. I was just acting as any sensible Boss would and tried to take out my competition."

A glint of humor shone in his eyes. "Taking out your competition? Do you realize that I still run this Family and not your sister? If anything it would have been wiser to come for my life instead of hers."

I leaned forward as well. "You have yours coming for you my dear father. Alina told me things. If you could have even heard a third about the things she had to say about you-"

"And what exactly did she say, daughter? That women has stepped into your life almost three weeks ago. What could Alina have come up with that was so unbelievably unfathomable that you have betrayed your blood for?" He asked seriously.

"The death of my mother." I said coldly.

"You betrayed your blood over a lie then?" He smirked.

"My own blood betrayed me! I was taken while yet again Adelaide was just fine. She is everyone's target yet I'm the one that seems to take all the punishment! I'm sick of it." I yelled as my fists tightened on the chair handle.

Papá tapped in his fingers against his desk in a causal manner. "How does that mean she betrayed you?"

I swallowed the urge to reach over and grab his neck. Of course she betrayed me! Everything was her fault. Why couldn't she fight her own battles without me getting caught in the crossfire? What kind of sister would do that?

"She betrayed me because she gave me to Alina when she decided I wasn't her sister anymore." I said lowly.

Papá sat back without saying anything. "What did Alina say about your mother's death?" He asked going back to the previous subject.

I calmed a bit. "That you had a lot to do with it."

He nodded absentmindedly. "She's been saying that for years, you know."

"Well?"

He frowned. "Well what?"

"Did you really have something to do with the death of my mother?" I asked.

Papá was silent for a while. "Would you even believe anything I told you?"

I thought about that. Finally, I decided to simply shrug. Maybe if he saw how he didn't affect me I would finally get a straight answer.