Chapter 2

"Are you ok?" I hear someone ask. "Who are you?" I ask the person. "My name is Michael." The boy said. "I'm Rachel." I said. "That's a nice name." Michael said. I blushed and looked at the ground. "Do you need me to take you home?" Michael asked. "Sure." I answered. After we got to my house, Michael said good night and went back to the beach. I went inside and hoped that no one noticed I was gone. I ran up to my room and changed into my PJs. I fell asleep right after that. I woke up to the sound of my best friend, Melanie, telling me to get up. I turned over to face her and just laughed. "Get dressed!" Melanie said giving me her excited look. "What are you so happy about?" I asked. "I met a boy last night!" She shouted. "What's his name?" I asked smiling. "Luke." She answered. I got out of bed and looked thought my clothes. I guess she wanted me to meet him. "We're meeting him at the beach. He's bringing a friend with him." She said winking at me after the last part. I rolled my eyes at her. She gets too excited whenever she talks about boys. I decided to wear my one piece bathing suit with my long sleeved cover up. When I was ready, we walked to the beach. She told me all about Luke on the way there. "There he is." Melanie said pointing at him. "Where's his friend?" I asked. "He'll be here soon." She answered. "Hey!" Luke said walking over to us. "Hey, Luke!" Melanie said hugging him. "Hi. Melanie has told me so much about you." Luke said sticking out his hand for me to shake. I shook his hand and smiled shyly. Melanie and Luke walked away talking about everything. I knew they would be a cute couple. "Hey." I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Michael. "Hi." I said. "You must come here a lot." Michael said. "I'm here with a friend." I said biting my lip. "Me too!" He said with a big smile. "What's your friend's name?" I asked. "Luke." He answered. My eyes got wide after he said that. "Is something wrong?" Michael asked. "No." I answered. Michael and I waked towards the chairs and put our stuff down in the sand. We talked a lot. He's really nice. I think we're going to be great friends.