Chapter 3

Michael and I were still talking when Melanie and Luke came over to us. "It's getting late. We should get home." Luke said looking at his phone. We all nodded our heads in agreement. Luke walked us over to his car and we all got in. Melanie sat in the front seat next to Luke. Michael sat next to me in the back. Luke drove away from the beach and turned on the radio. I had no idea where we were going. I waited for the right time to ask Luke. "Where are we going?" I asked. "You'll see." Luke said with a smirk. This made me worried. We finally came to a stop. I looked outside of the window and my jaw dropped. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There was a huge house in front of me. Michael started laughing softly and I turned around right before he stopped. We got out and walked to the door. Luke got out a key ring and unlocked the front door. I walked inside and my eyes felt like they had popped out of my head. "Wow." I said to myself. Melanie punched my arm playfully and giggled. "Come on. I'll show you where we're staying." She said taking my hand. Wait a minute. We were spending the night here? Melanie walked upstairs still holding my hand. We finally got upstairs and the first thing I heard was yelling. "Guys, keep it down in there!" Melanie shouted. A boy with a lot of bracelets walked out of the room close to where we were. "Sorry, Mel. Calum took my phone so I kind of started a pillow fight." The boy said. He looked at me and smiled. I couldn't stop staring at his bracelets. He noticed me looking at them and put his arm behind his back. "Hi. I'm Ashton." He said sticking out his hand. "I'm Rachel." I said shaking Ashton's hand. He looked down at my arm and then looked back at me. He must have noticed the bracelets I was wearing to cover my scars. He smiled at me and Melanie and then he went back into the room. "Let's go to our room." Melanie said walking down the long hallway. This should be an interesting night.