Chapter 6

Okay so I know that I said I wouldn't take so long to update but I just hadn't known how to continue the story. I know where I want the story to go but I didn't know how to get it there but I've figured out mostly what I want to do. So i'll be updating more often also i've been stressed about school and stuff because i had to write a paper and then another and right now i have to write a three page paper and i have like three days to do it so you know. Ignore the pic
_________________________________

Lucas' POV

"Well, on the way to the store I bought some flowers for her but when I got to the hotel I saw her with a ton of people. They were smoking weed and drinking." I take a breath and wait for Riley's reaction. "I-umm, oh lord, that's terrible." She finally chokes out. "Yeah, and when I kicked them out she got mad at me because I kicked them out and didn't join them," I tell her. "Oh, wow," Riley says raising her eyebrows and opening her eyes wide. "Yeah," I say exhaling deeply. "Okay, so what are you going to do?" She askes me. "I don't know I love her but I just don't know," I say. "Well if you love her you should try to help her but also keep in mind that this relationship working shouldn't be only your responsibility, okay if this relationship hurts and causes you to do things you shouldn't then you need to get out of it no matter how much you love her," Riley says with more wisdom than someone her age should have. "I guess your right, I'll have to think about it," I say. "I know it's difficult, I wasn't sure about what to do when I was with Charlie." She says then quickly backtracks, "I mean it was mostly just because that chemistry we had at first wasn't there anymore." "Are you sure?" I ask, unconvinced. "Yeah, yeah I'm sure." Riley stutters. "Riley," I say, dragging out her name, "I know when you're lying." "No, it's fine." She say. "Riley," I say firmly. "Okay, um, Charlie, he used to be abusive, he'd be drunk and he'd show up at my dorm and he'd hit me," Riley says, gauging my reaction. "One time he hit was hitting me so hard I had to go to the hospital, he said that I'd fallen down some stairs." Riley looks down ashamed, "Even with all that I still didn't know if I was going to leave him or not." She tells me. "What the hell is wrong with him!" I yell out. "Who does that kinda shit?!" "And if he were here id beat him up for doing that to you." "Hey, it's okay, I'm okay," Riley says calmly. "Why don't we just go to sleep?" Finally, I go to the other bed and go to sleep.