Until it's gone

Mitch’s POV

I drove home in my red Ute smiling, because I knew when I got home I would see the love of my life, Jess she’s the most amazing girl on the planet and I would do anything for her. I knew that once I got home I would see her again.

I opened the front door; I couldn’t wait to see her flawless face, her beautiful hazel eyes, and her light long brown hair. I couldn’t get her out of my head, my mind full of things that we could do; we could do anything together. I go onto my computer where I look though my emails, nothing new in the emails so I shut down the computer, just as my phone rings, Alec my best guy friend is calling me and says get down to the hospital quick. 

I do what Alec told me without argument, he said it was to do with Jess, I jump into my Ute and drive to the hospital. I run down the hall ways of the hospital trying to find the room that jess is in. I get to room 476, jess is in here; I open the door revelling Jess in a hospital bed, my jess, with cuts and bruises all over her body. I break down with Alec’s arms around me, “Im so sorry mate” he says with tears in his eyes. The nurse talks to me and gives me the worst news I’ve ever heard. Jess is dead. The love of my life is dead. She got hit by a car on her way to my place. Im so broken, shattered and heartbroken. It hurts so much, no how can she be dead? All I know now is that, you never know what you have until it’s gone.