Back Where I Belong

-One Month after the trip-

"Please Kara... You can't just go. I need you to stay. I didn't mean it."

"I don't care Tony! I can't take it! I haven't felt anything for weeks. The fact that you cheated on me proves you didn't either. I am moving back in with Steve. This is my two week notice. I will find something else."

"Kara... I'm sorry. I was drunk, I didn't know what I was doing. Please don't leave me. I need you." I feel tears rolling down my cheeks as I grab my last box and turn around.

"I'm sorry Tony." I walk downstairs, putting the stuff in the back of my black Jeep. I see Steve in the driver's seat and crawl in the passenger seat. I look at Tony standing in the doorway, holding the necklace he had gave me.

-Flashback to Barcelona-

"Kara Ann Taylor. Will you promise me that someday we will have a future together?" I smile slightly and take his hand in mine.

"Of course. There is nothing I could want more." I feel his hand take my shoulders and turn me around slightly. He then puts on a silver necklace that says 'Promise' on it.

"I love you Kara."

"I love you too Tony. Forever and Always."

"Forever and Always."

-End of Flashback-

I feel tears rolling down my cheeks and I feel Steve take my hand. "Kara. It will be okay. I promise." I nod and let out a small sigh.

When we get back to the apartment, we take my boxes up and put them in the living room. I take off my jeans as soon as we walk in the door, now just in Steve's white shirt from SHIELD which is almost like a dress, along with a pair of black underwear. I walk into the bedroom and lay in the sheets. I feel the tears start rolling down my cheeks and then hear Steve walk in. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls my hair back out of my face. He kisses my cheek lightly and takes my hand in his.

"I'm sorry Tony turned out to be just a jerk. He didn't deserve to be with someone as great as you in the first place. I should have protected you more than I did. If I would have maybe you wouldn't be so heartbroken." I feel him tighten his grip lightly and I turn around in his arms to face him

"It's not your fault. Don't you dare blame yourself. Please don't do that to yourself Steve. You couldn't have known he was going to turn out to be such an asshole. He had me blinded. Made me think he was capable of love, even after his history. I should have just realized what was right in front of my face. I have the most loyal, trustworthy, strong, and handsome man in the world. He is right here in front of my face and I have been hurting him. I'm so sorry I have pushed you to the back for so long. I should have stayed with you the first time we were together."

I see a smile appear on his face and he kisses my forehead. "Don't worry about that beautiful. I have been right here waiting for you. I am here for you right now which is why it is so worth it." I smile slightly, still having tears rolling down my cheeks. I feel his hand on his cheek, his fingers on my ear, and all of a sudden, his lips are on mine.

This time, our lips move together as one. I feel my heart start pounding as he moves his hand up from my cheek to my hair. I put my right hand on his back and my left in his hair. He grabs his phone quickly, turning on 'Over and Over Again' by Nathan Sykes. Our lips meet once again and I take my hair out of the pony tail it had previously been in. He moves his lips from my mouth to my neck. He pulls my shirt off of my body slowly.

"Are you okay with this K." I nod and pull his shirt off of his body.

"More okay than I have ever been." I let out a small exhale as he returns his lips to my skin. He kisses from my neck down to my shoulder and back up my neck and to my lips once more. He unhooks my bra slowly. I feel my cheeks heat up slightly as the bra comes off my body. I move my right hand off of his back and down to fumble with his jeans. I finally unbutton them and he pulls them down slowly. He moves his body over mine slowly, then pulling off my underwear. Our lips are still connected in the heat of the moment and I pull his boxers off.

"Steve. I love you."

"I love you so much more than you could know Kara." After saying these words, I feel him put his tip into me and begin to thrust in and out. I lean my head back, feeling such an intense love I haven't felt in a long time. I let out a slight moan and connect my lips with his again. He continues to thrust in and out of my slowly at first, then slowly getting faster. He occasionally whispers the worlds 'I love you' in my ear and I do the same to him. We let out moans that eventually get a bit louder. I feel my back arch and feel him cum into me. I finally do the same with one last moan.

"I love you Kara. So much."

"Not as much as I love you." He chuckles slightly as I rest my hand on his cheek and continue kissing him slowly. He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls my body close to his. He grabs the covers, completely covering us and kissing my forehead.

"Get some sleep. You must be exhausted. I will be here the whole time." I nod and kiss him once more before shutting my eyes.