The institute

I woke up in a stiff bed, my head pounding. I rolled to the side before jolting upright. Where was I?

"Hello? Is.... where am I?"

I heard the click of high heels against marble flooring, coming from somewhere behind me. The room itself was interesting, symbols I've sketched before plastered against the walls and as wrought iron forms on stained glass. I shifted my head to see who was walking, before completely stopping, my breath seemingly stolen from me.

As i looked around the corner I saw her. The same beautiful woman I had seen earlier. Her long dark hair flowing behind her as she walked.

I was terrified. I wanted to get away but something about her that made me need to stay, something thats drawing me in.

I had a million thoughts going through my head, but just one i needed to ask.

"W-Who are you?"

She turned her head, looking at me with a sweet yet intimidating smile, and with a slight giggle she answered.

"I'm Isabelle, it's a pleasure."

I was so mesmerized I hardly took note of what was in her hands. A sketchbook, my sketchbook.

Oh.
My.
God.

Was she looking through it? She must think I'm incredibly creepy, and probably insane. But... You know this whole day has been insane. And yet through all of this madness and embarrassment, I realized I hasn't answered.

I could see her eyes scanning over my face, peering so deeply. What is she thinking about? Does she- no, I better not get my hopes up.

"Isabelle? I'm Clary"

"W-where am I exactly? And what happened last night?"

There it was again, that look on her face. It was like a mix of sadness and..... maybe worry? I heard the click of her tounge on her cheek before she spoke, brushing and a loose strand of hair away from her face, looking into my eyes before quickly darting away to look at the linen sheets so carefully laid on me.

"Clary.... You're in what we call the institute. Please- I know you have questions, but maybe I can show you where you are and where you'll be staying for the next while and go through the questions then." 

I could see her looking, trying desperately to see what I was feeling, how I would react.

I was..... shocked to say the least.