❤ Destiny ❤

Chapter 2

Destiny Swan wasn't at all aware of the loud press conference going on. Actually, she was. She just chose to ignore it. She was a shy girl, and hated loud noises and an overload of attention. As she paced the halls, waiting for Liberty to come out of the conference center, she could hear the exasperated sighs and accented shouts emitting from the place. At this rate, she was SURE that Harmony had added something, and Liberty had added onto it. Destiny knew her friends were very opinionated about the Black Rain, and they would always speak out about Black Rain. Just then Liberty stepped quietly out of the conference room. Destiny always laughed about how Liberty was able to be so quiet in the halls that everyone else's shoes clicked loudly on because she wore sneakers. Destiny was curious about the meeting, but also didn't want to ask, as she knew if she asked Liberty might burst with anger.

Destiny decided against asking, and walked alongside Liberty. "Emperor Li Sheng, again?" Destiny had accidentally walked into a press conference, where Luna was having a heated argument with Emperor Li Sheng, and she could practically smell the distaste on her friend.

"Of course! That idiotic, egoistical, bloody arrogant jerk had decided it'd be fine not to pledge allegiance to the Republic! I mean, how much more idiotic could you get? Did I mention that bloody jerk was an idiot?" Destiny saw the flame in Liberty's eyes and decided that for now, she would just agree with her friend. She'd give her opinion later.

"I know, I heard you guys practically all the way from Genair. And the Emperor, well, he doesn't seem like a good person, does he?" Destiny said quietly.

"He's a bastard and that's the end of it." Liberty snapped, eyeing her phone, and nearly crushing it into pieces. Destiny gave a quiet nod, though she was sure her friend wasn't paying her any attention. Liberty was blazing with anger, although Destiny didn't think this was good, as Liberty was about to go to a wedding.

"Well, the wedding's in 45, I'd better get you ready." Destiny pushed Liberty lightly towards her room.

Once Destiny had gotten Liberty safely to the wedding, she contemplated what next to do. She went to consult Luna, who was quietly working in her office. Unlike her friends, who stormed in and out of Luna's office, Destiny liked to knock instead. "Luna, may I come in?"

Luna looked up, and Destiny could practically see the steam coming from her friend's ears, and the tired look in her eyes. "Yeah, of course! What's going on?"

Destiny, was very familiar with emotions. From a young age, she could tell the emotions of a person and how they were feeling just by looking at them. She knew that right now, Luna was agitated, tired, and angry. "How was the press conference?"

Luna sighed. "Good, but Emperor Li Sheng is a dastard. I managed to convince everyone else to pledge their service. I just wish... ugh! Sometimes, I don't even want to think about how those people got elected, besides Queen Camille. I mean, their all need to grow a pair of brains, or actually use them, though it'd be a surprise to me if I found out they had any."

Destiny let out a short laugh at this, and was glad to see that her friend's mouth curved upward, even if it was the tiniest bit.

Then Luna clenched her fists so tightly that Destiny was surprised it that her veins weren't popping out. Destiny put a calming hand on her shoulder, and quietly voiced her opinion. "I think that Emperor Li Sheng is a proud person, a tad bit arrogant, yes, but a good emperor nonetheless. He's very loyal, it seems."

"Loyal or not, he won't help out a fellow person. It's as though he had a cup of water, and he were thirsty, and Governor Shostakovsky were on fire, he'd drink the water and apologise profusely, yet he can't do anything about it."