Chapter One: The boy with a conscience

So here we are, I awoke in my bed half asleep. The place seemed cold as usual so I turned on my heater next to my bed and got up for school. It was a cool Wednesday morning and I was already late for my bus. I decided to shrug it off and wait a bit to catch the city bus. I lived in a small city, not very popular like New York or Chicago. It was more country like if you could call it that. I lived in the decrepit part of the city, by the interstate. The roaring of cars could be heard every night just by staying in my apartment. Today unfortunately I couldn't hear a thing. The droning was common, but the incoming of silence was uncommon. I found it suspicious but I didn't mind it, usually it could be traffic. As always the mornings are either too tied up or a wreck had taken place. My name's Tim, I'm a high school student at Merlinic studies Academy. Apparently my parents thought it would be good for me to go to this school for the talented, and I most likely could draw and play Piano. That's besides the point though, I rarely ever play Piano. Yeah I play nicely, and I may draw good too but in a sense it's all worn down the past few years.

Getting out into the cold was pretty waking. I had been a bit drowsy from staying up late, and the usual droning kept me up. I played a lot of video games during my time off, but mostly I'd just adventure around town a bit or visit the school's theater that opened up after school or on weekends. On my way to the bus stop I noticed it was a bit foggy on my way down the sidewalk. There were less cars driving around in the main streets and  most of the roads had been blocked off. The city bus finally arrived on a detour route and I decided to hop in. To my surprise a few people I knew were on. Some who were already Seniors that had already graduated, probably going to their job or hanging out. "Yo Tim, what's up?" Mello, a kid I knew had came up to say. He got his nickname from his laid back personality and weed smoking habits. He was a chill guy, and didn't hesitate to help anyone out during school. Outside of that he's usually gone somewhere or hanging with his type of people. I decided to answer him with a "Nothin' much, how about this traffic?" Mello laughed a bit and looked over at the few roadblocks rubbing his goatee. "Ya' see, word has it that the fog's blockin' everyone's view, so not many people are out today." The explanation gave me chills about the silence by my apartment. Usually I prefer the droning.

A few others, such as Devonte and Christian had been on just chatting away about some Anime that came out last week. In all honesty I don't even have TV or watch it over the internet. Not that we have that stuff on TV anyways. I happened to look over at this girl who was really pale. She was looking pretty sad. I glanced over to see she had bright blonde hair, a pair of jogging pants and a light T-shirt. Me being nice I offered her my jacket, to my surprise she spoke, saying "Thank you." and smiling. The cold didn't really bother me, and we were already inside of a bus. It'd take about 20 minutes for us to arrive at school, and during that time we'd have about 5 minutes to hurry to class. Looking out of the window it seemed we were taking a detour, but in perspective the bus had seemed to be stopping at the station. I didn't feel like paying another dollar so I tried staying on. Unfortunately the driver made us all get off and told us that we should really go home. Lots of inconvenience had taken place all around the city. For the most part it seemed as if there was some sort of apocalypse, but those type of things never really happen, so I should stay real. Heh, maybe not.