Chapter 5:A team with standards

The crew and I had been walking around the decaying area for about 4 hours and we still are lost. More than likely we found a little trailer car and decided to camp up there. Some of us were hungry and we found some food on our way inside. The trailer car had ran perfectly, which had been creepy enough. It was as if the nightmares were caring for us, then throwing us back into the battle. Kinda reminds me of sports. Christian had pulled me to the side and we spoke about the current situation. "Something tells me this is a trap." Christian went on. "Don't worry. Have I ever led you guys into death at all?" I said naive. "No, but in certain cases we were close. I'm beginning to wonder wh-" He would say before being cut off by a rumbling. I had looked out of the window to see that there was a dust storm heading our way, and what seemed to lead it was that corrupted woman.

Heeding precaution I warned the others and we all scrambled. Mello went out of the car to find a truck in beat up condition connected to the trailer and decided to look into it. With a few tweaks of hotwiring and setting up the truck everyone set foot in different spots of the trailer while Mello drove off with us. Seeing as the storm had been catching up I searched around for something to help us. In return I found a locked up shotgun, placed within the cabinet. Picking it up I had cocked the gun as it only had about 4 caps with it and the gun was loaded with one.

To my surprise the trailer crashed and I found myself coughing up dust. Vision blurry I decided to try and sit up. In view I saw that I was trapped in a seat belt that wrapped around my leg. The others were trapped in cages outside, and it was fairly dark. I couldn't see much since it was pitch black, but everyone seemed to see what was coming. I tried to force myself up but the crash had me weak. There in the distance was a man wearing a mining helmet that had a light placed upon it. Seeing as slow for his movements I noticed he was the creature I spotted in the game. He walked up to Mello's cage, and for some reason Mello just sat with his head down. I tried choking up words but didn't have the strength to, and I just ended up choking on my own words. The creature had revved a chainsaw, clear to what he was about to do. In seconds he sawed Mello down, but instead of a gory scene Mello just..Vanished. Fear began to swell in my lungs and breathing became almost impossible. The creature of a man looked at me with a solemn look. His eyes glow a bright yellow, followed by the mangled jaw and hung nose that made it look broken. He spoke in a sad tone. "Cheater, CHEATER CHEATER!!!" It would say before banging the saw against Mello's cage. Jess cried softly while everyone else looked away.

The creature sawed down Devonte, quickly making him vanish. This man was really mad now, and I seemed to had made him angry. Jess cried out loudly as he Slashed her violently with the chainsaw. Her screams muffled into silence. I couldn't help but feel horrible, since most of us were already dead anyways. Christian had looked up from his cage and spit at the monster before being gut down. As I saw them all disappear I grew angry, more upset at myself for letting this happen. I couldn't blame myself but the situation put a deep burden upon me as the Creature of a man laughed, walking toward me with a vicious look. As he held up the chainsaw something odd happened to me. I began to..laugh? Nothing was funny, yet I broke out in tears, laughing at myself. This angered the man and he made a jab towards me. Bracing myself I closed my eyes as I heard silence. A hand touched my shoulder and shook me. Opening my eyes I saw that I had been on the bus and we haven't moved an inch from the sidewalk I got on it. Everyone was there looking at me happily, while I sat confused. "The bus decided to drop us back off Tim. You fell asleep during the ride and school's closed for today." Jess said softly. I grunted as I got up, feeling relieved. This was all a dream? It all felt too real.

As I got off I heard the bus driver tell Mello in the front playing his game. "Cheater."