To Search for Her

The drive to Henrietta was lonely and quiet. The road as dusty and dirty six months ago as it is now. The ride past Monmouth Manufacturing was dark and gloomy, the only light source being the sunlight gleaming on the checkered windows. Blue's house was lonelier than last time, yet Maura began picking up clients left and right now. I pulled up to the cemetery. The grey cast was a blanket over the dead grass, with its patches of green. I walked past the headstones until I came across a hill with a single stone:

RICHARD CAMPBELL GANSEY III
Long may our Raven King reign.

I crouch low to the ground. My mouth set in a disbelieving smirk.
"Hey buddy, long time no see." Five stones rest on the grass in front of the headstone. A large dark one; a small shiny stone; a stone that was completely white; one that looked as if it was created out of rings; and finally, a stone was cast off to the side, present but still absent. I kick at the absent stone and stand.
"Always did like your. . .possessions around at all times, huh?" Stuffing my hands in my pockets, I left the cemetery behind in the mist.

⇹⇹⇹⇹⇹

The sargent house is quiet when I pull in. The gravel crunches when I flatten it with my steps. Maura opens the door slightly when I knock. Her face is full of surprise when she sees me, at first she's hesitant to make a move.
"Adam Parrish. Welcome back."
"Hi Maura-Mrs. Sargent. I was wondering if Blue was around."
She scowled, her mouth was set in a line. "She's at work and I think it would be best not to disturb her. That's the only thing that she has left."
Fuck that.
"Sorry for bothering you, Maura."
She purses her lips and after a pause she closes the door, but I don't hear her walk away. Seconds pass before I get in the car and drive blocks away.