Void

She was only six years old when Tinidora left. My fun-loving and energetic sister was the one who took care of Divina while I, of our business. Divina called her Mama then. But my sister has her life and she had to leave. Her long-time boyfriend (penpal) Bill wanter her to visit US. It was then that Divina stopped talking. Her nanny was alarmed and informed me of this sudden change. Her laughter, along with Tinidora's, was our usual music around the mansion.

Silence.

Our music stopped. Silence stilled inside the mansion as I continued to bury myself to work and left the child to her nanny. The latter, always attempting to have our Divina laugh again or even smile back at her, failed miserably. My heart was breaking as she kept me updated with Divina's progress. Following everything that the doctor instructed.

Then it hit me, this nanny is young and has a boyfriend she's planning to marry someday.

I started spending more time at home. Spent hours just watching Divina play with her toys~mostly inside her room. Making my presence as consistent as I possibly can. It took longer than I expected to have her soften up to me. She learned to smile again, though timidly, and only at me.

Her nanny had turned to be my personal assistant while I take care of Divina. She loved the child almost as much as Tinidora did. But Divina seemed to have built her own wall at a young age. And I felt it, I felt her need to push me away. She closed herself to anything outside of her own bubble. Barely acknowledging my presence and would only drew further whenever I try to reach out. So I stayed within safe distance~within her comfortable distance. This child is easily broken and I do not have the heart to add more pain.

The child had been hurt enough.