Discovery

I knew that the boy looks familiar. He belonged from a distant memory. A memory so painful my being seemed to have blocked it entirely. I was cleaning my suite when I saw that old diary. The one that our mother entrusted to me. She told me to guard it with my life. I fear it. This little diary scares the hell out of me and I am known for being a tough lady (well, now a granny). But today, after seeing it, I had this urge to finally open it. Face your fears they say. Warnings are popping out my head. Do not open. Close it now! But the rebel in me chose to read it. I should have listened. Now I am frantic. What should I do with Divina now? She's hardheaded and far too spoiled and stubborn. How can I stop her from seeing that boy? I need to do something! She will hate me for sure. I know that child. I raised her. She reminds me of myself that is why I fear what is about to happen. I cannot let her fall for the same misery I had to go through. I must protect her!
I went outside my suite and looked for Divina. We've talked about behaving properly whenever that boy is shown on the monitor but she just wouldn't listen. She thinks I'm old and doesn't understand her. I am old yes. But I do understand her. Jimmy gives me butterflies. Oh Jimmy. Anyway, where am I?
I saw Divina dancing with the Rogelios at the garden while they wave around their pink colored pompoms. I don't know what to do with them anymore. "Yaya!" I called out. Yes we call her Yaya. That is far too long a story that it needs a chapter on its own. Her head snapped immediately on my direction and ran towards me. The way she've always done ever since she was a child. She smiled and wiped her sweaty forehead with the back of her hand. "Get ready. We're going to the Baranggay in an hour." I told her. She looked at her watch and gave me a puzzled look. "I know, they called, we need to be there earlier than usual." My dear Divina, how can I tell you about my discovery without telling you everything about the past? I need to protect you but I must protect the diary as well. She gave me a nod and her eyes told me she's about to run to her room. "Go ahead." She've grown, well not much in height like me, but she is a young woman now. And that realization is scaring the hell out of me.
-Mama, please guide me with what I am about to do.
-Forgive me Divina but this infatuation of yours needs to stop. There are plenty more young men out there. But not that boy. Which reminds me, I must call Frankie.