Chapter 26

Cynical
.
.
.

Lately, Jellal has been absent from school. No one knew where he was or what happened to him. The Student Council visited Reina once and the girl could only frown and shake her head. She looked like she hadn't slept for days. It was understandable. Who wouldn't get worried when your sibling disappears? Exactly. People have been looking for the president for days. They checked the hospital and the nurses said that the man visited Lucy every day except at different times so it was harder to visit the blonde with not knowing if he's really there.

They didn't know what to do anymore. Their vice president, president and sergeant at legs were missing. Gray, Erza and Jellal have been gone for days. Loke, Laxus, Natsu, Levy, Mira, Lisanna, Gajeel and the others searched everywhere for the three but couldn't find them. They doubted that they were together. They knew that Jellal was angry at Gray and they knew that Gray couldn't just show his face after shooting Lucy. But they couldn't understand why Erza was gone too. What did she do?

Everything was crashing down fast. They were having troubles with managing the Student Council without the two main officers and without the sergeant at legs, they couldn't stop fights properly. They couldn't even get enough sleep from the stacks of papers piling up. They needed the three most important people in the council but they couldn't just look for them when they had things to do. All was losing their spirit to continue on and they couldn't stay awake anymore.

They needed to fill up the void quickly or else they'll just continue to fall.

Jellal sat in front of a small table in a convenience store, wearing a hoodie. He kept his face hidden from people and was silent while he drank juice from a straw. He looked in front of him and saw Lucy, sitting down. He smiled back and the woman yawned, chewing on a piece of bubblegum. When he glared at her, she laughed and apologized, grinning.

He smiled wryly and finished his drink. He stood up and threw it away in a trash can, shooting it from behind. He left the store quietly, not wanting to be seen by anyone. He tucked his hands in the pocket of his pants and with Lucy's translucent hands on his shoulders; he raised his hand and waited for a cab to stop in front of him. He stepped in a cab and told the driver to take him to the train station. The man nodded and began driving.

The ride was short and plain but he didn't mind. Once he arrived in the train station, he took a bullet train to Shizuoka from Tokyo. The reason he left his city was to not be caught by his friends. He knew they were looking for him and he didn't want to go back to school. Because when he's there, he never did have time to talk to his hallucinations of Lucy. He wanted to talk to her but they would think he was going crazy.

"They just don't understand, Jellal," Lucy cooed softly, massaging his shoulders as they sat in the train. He hummed and she smiled. "They don't know that you're hurting more than they know."

Jellal's eyes veiled themselves and he stared down at his clenched hands. He knew he was insane. He knew that the Lucy beside him wasn't real. He knew that she was still in the hospital, barely alive. But he visited her every day and spoke to her during his short visits. He never really came at the same time because he knew that the Student Council would ask the nurses about him. Even though he lost his mind, he was still smart. They wouldn't even think of him heading over to Tokyo. He did the unthinkable. After saving money from what his Aunt Milly gave to him every day, he saved enough to make travels.

He knew he was being unfair but he couldn't just stay in school like nothing happened. He couldn't just smile with his friends knowing that she's in comatose. How could he even remain sane when they don't even know when she'll wake up? What if she never wakes up? What would he do then? Why would he remain the same when she wasn't there to make him annoyed by her actions?