Chapter One

He stalked the taunting ornaments lining her bedroom wall. 'She just had to put those out right in front of me.' He thought. The black clad heroine reached a claw out to swipe at shiny objects decorating the shelf. The yelling of an annoyed bluenette came too late to stop him. The ornaments crash landed on the hardwood flooring. He smirked and leaned back on the chaise feeling satisfied with his actions.

"Why you little! Ugh...What am I going to do with you Chat?" Marinette loved this cat to pieces, but...at what cost. Her neatly decorated room, that's what. His cat tendencies were cute at times, other times they just bugged her. And the puns, oh god.

She placed her hands on her hips and glared playfully at her feline friend. He gave her a toothy grin and pounced off of the chaise and they both were sent crashing down. Before she could get up, Chat pinned her tightly, but gently, to the ground. "You could keep me purrincess." He suggested. "I don't need much, just food and a little love."

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I've been 'keeping you' for five years now. Once you let a cat in you can never seem to get rid of it. I'm serious, this is like your second home or something!"

"Aw! Come on, you know you love me. You know you care. So shout whenever, and I'll be there~" He sang with a surprisingly on-key voice.

"Woah. Apparently my kitty cat is in a band his princess didn't know about?" She teased him.

"I've got the hair for it." He gloated. An idea came to him and an imaginary light bulb hovered over his head. He slid down Marinette's body until he was face to face with her stomach. Using his fangs, he tugged her shirt up exposing her soft skin. A definite six-pack could be made out. Finally, his plan was set into motion. He blew raspberries into her belly button, causing the bluenette to squeal and squirm. "Your so cute Mari."

Laughter erupted from his ex-classmate. "Get off you stupid cat! That-eep! Stop! No more. Eeeep!" She tried wriggling from his grasp, but to no avail.

"Ok I'll stop. Only because I hate seeing you unhappy though." He loosened her from his grip and laid his head down on her stomach. Her breathing soothed him. It rose and fell at a steady beat. "You're a real fun-gi."

He received the famous groan and an eye roll. "Where did you get that one from? Off the back of a cereal box?"

His Cheshire-like smile faded. She had reminded him once again of the sad and lonely life he would return to when he went back to his father and father's assistant. He clamped his eyes shut to stop the river of tears that threatened to break free. Burying his face completely in her stomach, he muffled out a response. "I'm not aloud to eat cereal. My father-" His voice cracked.

Her mind tried to wrap around the idea that a person could be not aloud to eat cereal. 'How even does a parent do that?' She thought to herself. "Your parents must hate you then. I mean really! Who in-" A wetness came from where Chat had been laying on her stomach. He was crying. She sat up off the floor and held him in her lap, allowing him let it all out. "Shh. It's okay. I've got you kitten."

'I've got you kitten.'

Adrien remembered his mother saying the same comforting words to him when he was little. More tears crashed down, but a slight smile formed on his lips. "Th-thank y-you M-Marinette. Sorry that y-you had to see me l-like this." He slowly composed himself. "Sometimes even little things like this can...I don't know, I guess I'm just..."

"Sad." She finished for him. "It's ok to be sad Chat. We all cry, we're only human. Do you...want to tell me what's got my kitty so down?" She asked. "Only if you want to. I'm a really good listener though."

He swapped places with Mari, her on his lap with arms wrapped around one another and foreheads pressed together. "How do you do that?"

"Do what?" She asked.

His Cheshire grin returned. "How do you know just what to say? Can't a guy be depressed without a beautiful princess swooping in and saving him?" He asked jokingly.