Chapter Two

"It just comes naturally I guess." She giggled in response. "Hey Chat?"

"Yes my beautiful princess?"

"I'm going to ask you something, and I want the truth." She cupped his face in her hands so he couldn't look away. Sky blues met grassy greens. "I'll know if your lieing."

His cheeks now tinted with pink, he nodded his head and saluted. "I promise. Cat's Honor."

"Okay then," She hesitated for a second, but asked anyway. "Do you have a f-family? Do they love you? You've never really told me about your life. I'd like to get to know you better. After all, we're like twenty and have been friends since we we were teens."

His eyes dropped to where her legs were positioned on his lap. He knew he couldn't lie to her. Every time he did in the past, she saw right through him. This is exactly why he never brought up family. "I.......I-" His voice cracked again and his mouth failed to form the words. After a long pause he swallowed the lump in his throat and pressed on. "Your kinda like family. That's all that matters to me." He let out a sad laugh. "Actually, you are family. Last time I checked, your guest bedroom was reserved for a certain cat when he sleeps over~"

She shook her head and a slight blush crept onto her face. "I meant like your real family."

Adrien knew the answer to this one at least. Sure he was admired and respected, but not loved. As for his 'family', his father didn't make it his priority to be present in his son's life. His mother was long gone (To make it clearer, she's dead). She was the first person to love Adrien. Love is something that only a person who cares deeply about you can offer, and she was that for him.

Realization washed over Chat. He felt as if the wind had been knocked clean out of him. How could he have been this stupid. Marinette was the love he never realized to be in his life. Her warm nature, always letting him in, and her comforting smile. Oh God. Her smile. Not even Ladybug had to offer what Marinette did. Love.

The biggest grin she had ever seen was plastered on the kitten's face. Before being able to comprehend what was happening, he swooped her up and onto the chaise. He rested his body on top of hers and moved in closer. To his surprize, and utter delight, she was the one to make the first move. Her lips connected with his. Closing his eyes, he thanked God that she was real and not only a figment of his overactive imagination. They paused only for a breath. "I'm in love with you purrincess. Is that okay?."

Sucking in a breath, she answered. "Of course it is chaton. I'm in love with you to. Is that okay?" She said, not really asking him.

He smirked and pressed into her once more. The smile evident on her lips.

"Wouldn't have it any other way."

----

Adrien woke up to a beautiful blue-eyed girl in his arms. They somehow ended up in her bed. His head was nestled in the crook of her neck. He took in the smell of vanilla and spice that seemed to come naturally from Marinette. Her hair was a mess, but she looked like a goddess to him. A love bite was obviously visible on her collar bone. He smiled at the mark that claimed her as his. A purr escaped his throat, awaking the sleeping beauty. "Good Morning purrincess~"

"Chat. It's way too early for puns." Her eyes fluttered open and then became wide. Her partner was untransformed and laying in bed with her. Adrien was laying in her bed. "You-Adrien-Chat!? WHAT?" She froze in place.

He caught on to why she was freaking out and let out a nervous laugh. Plagg, you are so dead. "Surprise~ Heh..heh." He buried his face deeper into her neck, afraid of how she would react. "Sorry."

His apology snapped her out of it and she attempted to stay calm for him. "F-for w-what silly c-cat?" She asked nervously.

"For tricking you. You don't love Adrien like you love Chat. I'm sorry Marinette." He sighed heavily and began to get up.

She pushed him back down on her. Anger swelled inside her as she pulled him close, forgetting that her crush was in her arms. "Your so wrong I don't even know where to begin kitty. I love both sides of you! In fact, I've had a crush on Adrien ever since he offered me that umbrella! He-you were so nice and sweet and all these other things I can't even begin to describe!" Her shouting died down as she realized what had come out of her mouth. "Did I say that? What I meant was uh-"

Her panicking was cut short by his lips crashing onto hers. She relaxed into him. The kiss ended and he placed his forehead on her shoulder. "You're all I've ever wanted Mari, and I'm just sorry I didn't see it earlier. Someone who loves me and someone who I love." He smiled, arms wrapped around her waist. "Is it ok if we stay like this a little longer? I don't want to leave you yet."

She responded with an, "Mhm."