Ditch // Eugene Sims

ok first of all, i am terribly sorry if this is cringey af and i'm so sorry that it has a lot of errors. i just really had to write something about Eugene because he's such a cinnamon roll, he's freaking adorable, and there wasn't enough one shots sooo.. Here you go! Eugene Sims from Infamous: Second Son!

//

She wasn't really bothered by the fact that she was the odd one out of the group. 

She's human, not a conduit. She had no special abilities like them but then she didn't really care.
All that she thought of is that they were still people and her only friends which made her glad.
Even though she was content with her relationship with three conduits, there was always something that nagged her in the back of her mind.

All because of her mixed feelings for "He Who Dwells In Her Mind".

Even she had gone crazy to give him such ridiculous and embarrassing nicknames only she can know.
There she was, sitting by her desk since she had moved her bed near her table. Her hair was pulled in a very messy bun with strands falling and sticking out in every direction. 

The three of her conduit friends were out and doing whatever the hell out in the city. Although they were careful as Fetch had told her, she was still worried about them as she knew how the DUPs were.

She sighed and continued to scroll down her screen when she heard a faint knock on her bedroom window.
She turned her head towards the window and saw a silhouette of a crouched person with a hood.
She knew exactly who he was.

Her feet padded down the floor and quickly pushed up the closed window and smiled.
She took a step back as the person silently entered her lair of comfort, closing the window behind him.

"What are you doing here Eugene?"

He turned around and pulled his hood back down and revealed his dark-rimmed glasses but behind them were deep blue eyes that she had grown to swoon in.

Not that he noticed.

"I had to make a little escape plan." He answered, a dimpled smile flashed on his face.
"You ditched them?" She chuckled in disbelief and humor."
"P-pretty much." He shrugged.
"Whale, since you're here then. Make yourself at home, He Who Dwells." She jokingly welcomed.

"Stop with the nicknames." He lightly groaned as he took a second of hesitation before he sat on her comfy bed and she copied his actions and sat beside him.

"So..I didn't know ditching was your type." She nudged him with her elbow and smirked.
"I ditched them for you, you know?" He said a bit mumbled and quick. 

Her eyes widened slightly at his response and he quickly realized what he had said when his cheeks turned a light shade of red. Thank goodness it was dark or it would've been done for him.

"Why is that?" She asked bluntly and fiddled with her fingers.

'Nice one. Now he's going to think you're too oblivious and dumb which just makes the whole thing uneasy. Way to go social skills. You're becoming helpful."

"I'd rather have the usual game night with my closest friend." He shuffled awkwardly which just made her chuckle on the inside.

"Game night huh? Now we're talking." She said and looked at him to see that he was staring at her moving lips.

She blushed as he realized what he was thinking. She may not be a conduit that read minds but she could tell obviously at what was going through his mind.

"Hey Eugene?" She called quietly under her breath.

He seemed to have slightly snapped out of his thoughts when he responded in a whisper. "Y-Yeah?"

'It's now or never.' She thought nervously when she cupped his face in her small hands and quickly but carefully pulled him towards her for a quick kiss.

It took him by surprise as he awkwardly shifted but then melted in the action.
He responded eagerly as soon as he recovered from his state and placed his arm under her elbow and the other on her back.

They pulled away, their breathes coming out ragged as both of them had huge smiles on their faces.

"Are we still having that usual game night you proposed earlier?" She asked in a hushed tone their foreheads touching as she felt his hot breath fanning her face every time he breathed.
He leaned again for another kiss which she automatically responded to and figured his answer.
And in they brief moment they pulled away she laughed. "Ditching it is."