Glimpses into the Past (Part I)

This is not a Chapter. I found my self randomly writing some about the past of Paris and Miguel to get a firm idea of how to start. I decided to share it on here. So, no this is not actually the first chapter. I may add random bits of it throughout the book. 

Unedited. 

Freshman Year of High School. 

"Damn girl he is fine," Kyra shouted as we watched the new boy dribble the basketball down the gym.

He was fine, I agreed silently, and he had moves.

Miguel Santiago was one gorgeous piece of male flesh. He already had all the girls going crazy, including me and Kyra. The only difference was that we--I wasn’t chasing after him. Sure, I wanted a piece of his fine ass just like every other girl, but I wasn't gonna chase him for it. Besides, I heard that he'd already fucked Starlisha, Lily, Monica, and a few others. Not to mention that I had the biggest crush on Ale.

I didn't want to just be a notch on a nigga's belt. He was already popular and he'd only transferred to the school a month ago. Girls like Starlisha were claiming that he was their man. If he was then he was playing all of them. I saw him flirting with Deira earlier. They'd shared a kiss.

He was too poppin', which was I wasn't gone even bother with him. I'd keep my sights focused on my crush, Ale. Ale wasn't a player, but he was already in with Miguel. Shit, Tio was too. The three of them were quickly becoming cool as hell.

I quickly turned my head to pay attention when I heard the screaming. A few girls sitting in the bleachers by us were shrieking their heads off as a basketball flew through the air headed towards us. I rolled my eyes. Simple minded bitches, I thought rising to my feet. As the ball came, I caught it in my hands and looked down at the boys with a scowl.

It had been Jason's fault of that I was sure. He kept scratching his head and looking around sheepishly. Ale was standing next to him, so I knew this was my chance to make myself known to him.

Walking down the steps of the bleachers, I jumped the last two and came to a stop before the boys. I knew I wasn't what they were used to seeing. In a school where long hair was a trend (whether it was real or fake), my short soft curly crop haircut stood out. It took a lot of maintenance to keep it looking normal. I had to constantly cut it because it kept growing back.

In our school hazel eyes were rare, I had those too. Hazel green eyes mixed with a tinge of grey. So standing in front of Miguel, Ale, Jason, Tio and the other guys on the court I couldn't help but feel anxious. I felt out of place suddenly. Maybe it hadn't been a good idea to come down here. I should've just thrown the ball at Jason's head. The way they were staring at me made self-conscious.

Did I have a bug on my face or something?

I was tempted to rub my face and check.

Taking another step forward, I thrust my arms forward and held the ball out. Inwardly, I knew I was shaking in my Nike's. Agitation coursed through me and then was replaced with defensive anger  for being stared at like I was some freak of nature.

"So y'all gone get this ball or not?" I snapped.

"I'll take the ball and your number, sweetness," Jason suddenly said.

I snorted in response threw the ball at his chest and turned and walked away. Sweetness my ass.

"Your name at least," Miguel bargained. "I mean Jason's idiotic ass did almost hit you, mami."

His voice was a deep timbre of a baritone and as smooth as melted caramel. I could definitely see why girls were going crazy and fighting over him. I wanted to just melt into his arms and listen to him talk all night.