Part Eight: Eir

Frigga walked over to you and Loki. She tenderly pressed two fingers on different places of his chest, feeling for any injuries.

“Is he okay?” You questioned her. He had been an ass earlier, but you still loved him and therefor were still concerned about him.

“It feels like he has a few fractured ribs, but he should be fine. His lungs are not punctured. He will heal,” Frigga assured you in a comforting, motherly manner.

You sighed in relief, closing your eyes.

“Will you help me lift him?” Frigga asked, grabbing Loki's legs. The God of Mischief had passed out by this point and needed to be carried.

“Yeah,” you replied. You took hold of Loki's upper-body, laying his head on your shoulder.

The two of you carried Loki to his room. When you got there, you found that it was locked with some form of magic.

“Let's carry him to my room,” you suggested.

Frigga looked like she didn't really like the idea of Loki being in your personal living space, but she listened to you.

Once inside your quarters, you and Frigga gently set Loki upon your bed. After he was laid down, Frigga left to call on Eir, the Goddess of Healing. She told you to relieve Loki of his upper-body clothing to allow him to breathe easier.

You looked down at Loki. He was pretty badly banged up. He had purple, black, and blue bruises coloring his skin and his body was covered in cuts. And even though you couldn't see them, you knew he also had broken bones.

Frigga came back into the room with Eir tailing her. Eir sat down on the bed and hovered her hands over Loki's body, sensing for his injuries and healing them to the best of her ability. His bruises changed to the ugly yellow-ish color bruises turn right before healing. His cuts healed up to become barely noticeable.

“I have healed his bones as well as I could. The fractures are almost completely healed, but he is going to need time to rest and get back his strength.” Eir looked up at you, her hip-length, red-blonde hair falling in front of her face. She pushed it out the way and asked you, “So, is it true?”

Frigga must have explained the situation to her. You hesitated, but eventually nodded. Eir smiled knowingly at what she had just learned. It appeared she quite liked drama and gossip. “Promise you won't tell anyone?” You suddenly doubted Eir's ability to keep secrets.

“You have my word,” Eir replied, putting her finger up to her lips. “So how was it?” Eir asked curiously, beaming.

“Eir!” Frigga scolded.

“Sorry, madam,” Eir apologized, standing up. She pointed to you and her lips cracked into a smile again. “You are going to have to tell me all about it later.” Eir danced out of the room, laughing as she went.

“Eir!” Frigga sighed. “I am sorry about her. Eir is... Well... She tends to get involved in other peoples' business. She is a wonderful girl though. I just hope she did not pry too much.”

“It's fine,” you told Frigga. “She seems very nice.”

Frigga smiled again and nodded. “Well, I guess I will leave Loki to get some rest. You probably could use a little sleep as well, darling. I am going to go look for Thor.”

“Okay.” You waved at Frigga as she strolled out of your room. After she was gone, you quietly pulled your door shut. You followed Frigga's advice and went into your bathroom to change into your pajamas. After you came back out, you carefully removed the rest of Loki's suffocating clothing, leaving him in only his boxers. You plopped down on the bed next to him and pulled the blankets up over both of you. You rolled over and pecked a kiss upon his forehead. Turning back on your side, you quickly got comfortable. Before you closed your eyes, you captured once more glimpse of Loki's face. Sleep took you not long after.