Revenge

One by one, each of the brothers realized the sudden emptiness.  Todomatsu's arm had dropped from Ichimatsu's shoulder, and he collapsed to the ground, shaking violently.  His hands were brought up to his face, and he realized he was crying. Blurry eyed, he stared at Karamatsu's lifeless body. Suddenly, Jyushimatsu started screaming, and the brothers stared at him. It was so out of character. "I KNEW YOU WERE UP TO SOMETHING! I SHOULD HAVE BEEN MORE CAREFUL!" The brothers stared at him in shock. What was he talking about? Who was he talking about? Choromatsu thought carefully and remembered how each night, he would wake up to Karamatsu choking. He didn't understand it, but every time he had looked to check on Karamatsu, the choking would stop. Had he been saving him? Was it his fault that he... Died? Certainly, it seemed that way to Choromatsu. Jyushimatsu obviously thought otherwise. "IT'S ALL MY FAULT! IF I HAD PAID MORE ATTENTION, HE WOULD STILL BE ALIVE!" Jyushimatsu was crying very loudly. Then, suddenly, as if he had a revelation, the crying stopped. Out of nowhere, he ran out of the room and skidded down the street.

He was going to get revenge. He would avenge his brother and get rid of the spirit. Yes, Jyushimatsu had already figured out what had happened. He had recently noticed a suspicious spirit lurking in their house. He knew it had been up to something. He didn't realize that it would do something so soon. He had been following it, to see what it would do. It always went to the same place. The pachinko alleyway. His legs had reached there before he could even realize it. He had followed it so many times, he memorized the directions by heart. Wait, how am I, a human, fight a spirit? He thought for a moment before he went into the alley. The cat! He had recently seen Ichimatsu with a spirit cat, unbeknownst to Ichimatsu. He had just thought it was another normal cat. Jyushimatsu saw it differently. A cat with two tails, and a giant spirit pouring out of it's body. He shuddered at the thought. It's my only choice. I have to do it, for Karamatsu.
"Ichimatsu-nii san! The cat!" Ichimatsu was confused. Which one, and why did he need it? "The black one! The one you found just last week!" He had a feeling he needed this cat. He looked around and pointed towards the alley next to the house.
"R-right over there! H-here, give it this! It might t-trust you more!" He stuttered and gave Jyushimatsu a bag of dried sardines. Jyushimatsu responded with a nod and ran out of the house.
"H-here, kitty, kitty, kitty! I-I got you a treat!" He trembled and tossed a few sardines. A clatter came from a trashcan and a black cat jumped out. Jyushimatsu nervously eyed the spirit above the cat and spoke up. "I need your help! Please!" He tossed a handful of the sardines towards it and he could see that the spirit was calming down. The spirit had gotten less rough on the edges. The cat came closer and softened its eyes. Jyushimatsu sighed and knelt down. "Please help me! My brother was killed by another spirit! I have to get revenge!" The cat seemed to understand and hooped on Jyushimatsu's shoulders. "Hold on," he said, and he put on his hood to prevent the cat from falling off. He ran towards the pachinko alley and slowly came to a halt. He took off his hood and looked into the alley. "In there. The spirit that killed my brother is in there. I just know it." The cat jumped of and looked into the alleyway.  Jyushimatsu clenched his fists and walked in, followed by the cat.