41 // Judgment

Damon and I walk side-by-side with linked hands on the sidewalk as we made our way towards home, after yet another dreadful end of a school week.

"Oh", I stop to step over a large rock, "Rock."

"Rock?"

"Rock."

"Rock...", he repeats, then carries on walking at the previous pace, "Either you're talking about the rock you stepped over, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, the rock genre of music or you're telling me that I rock as a person."

I laugh, "The first one."

"Ah, damnit."

Lowering the volume of the song on my phone we were listening to, I put it into my pocket and happily look around the streets we passed by.

"Can you believe it? We're almost done with the last year of High School of our lives?", I point out.

"Yeah", he runs his free hand through his messy hair, "And it's only now that I realise getting up in the morning will mean actually having to set up alarms on my phone, instead of you flicking my forehead a million times."

I look up at him with a tug on his hand, "I have no choice but to do it cause you never get up."

"Please. On a good day, I-"

"Please. You don't. Even when I try my best to wake you, you still somehow end up pulling me back into your bed with you. Every. Time."

When we reach the front of our house, I turn away with a slight smile and he stays silent for a while. Then pulls my hand closer to his side for me to lean closer against him and smoothly nuzzles his head into the crook of my neck with a smirk against my skin.

"Damo-"

"I'm sorry, then", he mumbles and kisses my cheek, "I thought you didn't mind it too much when I do that."

Sighing, I wait for him to lift his head up so I can look at him better.

"Well, I don't hate it."

"You don't?"

"No. But please, promise me you'll be setting alarms for yourself in college?"

He chuckles and brushes a strand of my hair behind my ear, "Nah, I already know I'll forget to do that. You'll just have to call me either way for it."

Confused, I smile, "How will you be able to do that when I'll most likely be on the other side of the country?"

"You could call me in the mornings?", he suggests.

"Like those long distance relationship couples do?"

"Well... yeah?", looking down at me, his smile falls down the smallest bit and he clears his throat, "Like 'those' ones."

We fall into a painful silence as a car drives past on the road of our street beside us, and I look down, mentally cringing at myself.

I quietly say, "I didn't mean to bring that up."

He shakes his head, pulling my body closer towards his to kiss my lips.