Ch-4 : Fighting For Me?

'You can't blame gravity for falling in love."

-Albert Einstein

...........
Ch-4 : Fighting For Me

What the hell is he doing here? How did he find me? Many questions were swirling in my head..

"Are you going to answer me, wife?" he asked annoyingly. I really didn't know what to do. I was about to say something when I heard him cussing.

"Bitch! Fuck that was so cold!" Jared continued his rant.

I felt relieved and leaned back towards Vincent. Jared's here, he'll definitely save me. Vincent quickly turned me and pulled me towards him. The bozo had an iron grip on my waist. I can kick his junk for all I want but I had to keep it in mind that this all was an act - if my dad got caught Vincent won't spare him. Even though my dad is just reckless as I am and though he has taken many reckless decisions, I love him to death and I wont let him suffer just because of a stupid lie which got caught. I'm just gonna act as if I'm really happy to see him.

Well that's going to need a lot of efforts from my side.

I moved further and pressed myself against him and deliberately spoke loudly, " Oh Vincent! Thank heavens you are here. I was kidnapped and forcefully brought to this place. I'm so happy you found me."

"Liar"my inner self mocked me.

I just ignored it. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Jared peeping through the small gap of the door. He was now fully paying attention. His hands were clenched at his sides. I tried to send him some signals to help me out, but all the efforts were in vain. He was too busy shooting daggers at Vincent.

"You were brought here forcefully? I think you just had a food fight there five minutes back." He quirked an eyebrow and waited for my response.

"I was trying to distract him so I could get away. I had been drugged before and he forcefully dragged me into this cafe. I just lost him and you found me at the right time."

Vincent seemed satisfied with my response and there was no sign of doubt remaining in his eyes. His hands slowly travelled down from my shoulders to my hips and lingered a little longer there. He was hot. There was no doubt in that. But Jared was hotter and different in a way. I didn't get those butterflies when I was with Vincent. Jared had an effect on me. Always had.

Wait. What the hell am I thinking? Comparing both of them? What the hell is wrong with me?

"I thought you ran away. Remember you cannot run away from me. You are bound to a contract which states you have to marry me. You cannot back out. You'll be mine, mi amore.", he said this and started nibbling my earlobe. Slowly his hands squeezed my ass and he placed a kiss on the base of my neck.

Okay.. Where the hell was Jared? I thought he would be here any second. I can't act any more!

The gross feeling that his actions made me feel cannot be expressed through words, seriously.

Before I could push Vincent away, a fist collided with his jaw and he staggered backwards. Thank God! I was again pulled back and this time it was Jared. I slowly looked at him. His eyes held so much fury. They were burning with anger as his whole body became stiff. He was taking deep breaths to calm himself but it clearly wasn't working.

"Jared..." I said quietly as possible. His eyes snapped towards me. They softened a bit but held a lot of emotions. Especially accusation. What have I done now? Before any one of us could open our mouth again, Vincent got up.