Close To the End Of the Road

Infinity sat on her dark, satin sheeted bed. Infinity was twenty-one years old with long, red hair. She had snakebites, a hoop nose ring and an tattoo on her wrist. The tattoo read "I walk a lonely road. The only one that I have ever known." Infinity had a terrible childhood when she was younger. 

Her father was an alcoholic and her mother was in distress. Her older brother abandoned the family when Infinity was only fifteen years old. She moved out of her parents house when she was eighteen. She moved to Canada where she met her first boyfriend, Adam Gontier. After a couple months of dating, they moved to California. 

That's when things spiraled out of control. Adam had a drinking problem for about a year. He never physically harmed Infinity, but he would verbally abuse her. Infinity just allowed him to continue doing what he was doing. Today was their one year anniversary. 

Infinity got a call from Adam later in the day. He told her that he wasn't coming back home and that he was done with her. Infinity sat on her bed, crying for what seemed like forever. Her phone played "Good Riddance (Time Of Your Life)" by Green Day as she cried some more.  The music was interrupted when someone called Infinity. 

She quickly grabbed her phone and looked at the name "Cally". Cally has been Infinity's best friend since high school. She hit the green phone button and put the phone to her ear. "Hello?" Infinity said, wiping her tears away with a tissue. "Hey, I heard about what happened between you and Adam. I'm sorry to hear about that." Cally said with a sympathetic voice. 

Infinity felt more tears forming in her eyes. "It's okay, I'll get over it." she said, trying so hard to hold in tears. "You better because my husband and I got you a special present." Cally chuckled. "What is it?" She asked. "There should be a package arriving at your house soon." Cally ended the call. 

A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. Infinity ran downstairs and opened the door. She looked down and saw a package from some ticket company. She picked up the package and brought it to the kitchen table. She opened up the box and saw a ticket and a card type thing. 

She got a closer look at the items and she saw "Green Day". Infinity screamed and danced around the kitchen. She grabbed her phone and dialed Cally's number. "Did you get the present?" Cally asked. "Yes! Oh my gosh, thank you so fucking much!" Infinity screamed. 

"You're welcome, enjoy from Kellin and I." Cally ended the call. Infinity read the card, it was a backstage pass. Infinity almost cried complete tears of joy. She didn't care about the breakup anymore. She gets to go see Green Day on Saturday which was tomorrow. 

She sat down at the kitchen table, admiring the tickets. Infinity has been a fan of Green Day since she was about ten years old. She loves them so much that she got a tattoo dedicated to their song "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".  She also had a huge crush on the lead singer, Billie Joe Armstrong. She loved everything about that man.

His black hair, his beautiful green eyes, his singing voice, his regular voice, the clothes he wore, etc. She went upstairs and looked for an outfit to wear. She decided to go with a black, knee length dress with some black combat boots.  Infinity laid the outfit on a chair and then she collapsed on her bed. She played some Green Day songs before slowly falling asleep.