Case Closed

Chapter 1:

   "Wake up we're running late!" my mom practically yelled into my ear before exiting my bedroom. I checked the time. 7:19 I have 11 minutes to get to school! I quickly put on an average looking pair of jeans and a simple looking, purple blouse along with my white Converse. I ran downstairs. I didn't have time for breakfast. I only had 6 minutes before the first bell rang!

    "Mom do you think you can drive me to school?"

    "Sorry love but I can't. I have to drop off your little brother. If I drop both of you off you will both be late." I muttered some colorful words under my breath and ran to school hoping I would get there before morning announcements. As I had expected I was late. I went to the main office. It was me, the office lady, and a familiar looking guy. I hadn't actually talked to him but I have seen him in the hallways before. He had black hair and brown eyes. He was quite tall compared to the other boys in our grade. He was wearing a varsity jacket with some black skinny jeans.

    "May I help you?"asked the lady at the desk.

    "Yes I came in for a tardy slip," I replied. I could see the boy staring at me from the corner of my eye.

    "What's your name and first hour?"the lady questioned.

    "Aspen Johnson and I have English with Mrs.Davis."

    She handed me a tardy slip. I put my things into my locker and headed off to English.

Authors Note:

Hey guys! My name's Haileigh! So excited to be starting my first book!!! I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter! I know it was short but I needed to know if you guys would read it if I continued. I am going to ask for at least 1 vote before I continue. I want to know that at least one person likes my story. And I have a lot planned so please keep reading!!! :) xx

~H