Chapter 28

Tiana's POV

Marcel and I went inside their family lake house and I took a short shower since I brought my bag from Toronto so I still have clothes to wear. When I came out of the shower, drying my hair and wearing my bathrobe, I then saw Marcel placing a thin blanket and a flat pillow on the floor leaving the thick and fluffy blankets and pillows on the bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked as Marcel straightened the blankets.

"I'm preparing for bed." he said fluffing up his flat pillow.

"You're gonna sleep there? On the floor?" I said as he smiled and nodded.

"Yes. You sleep on the bed. I want my girl friend to sleep as comfortable as ever." he said as I blushed.

"Heyy, sleep with me on the bed. It's okay, really. Besides, it's really cold here. You might freeze there." I said as he smiled and shook his head.

"No, really, I'm fine." he said and then came closer to me, holding me on my hips. "I'm fine okay? I love you." he said and left a soft kiss on my lips.

"Okay if you say so." I said. "Close your eyes, I'm gonna change my clothes. No peeking!" I added as he picked up his towel and walked inside the bathroom.

"Eyes closed and for the meantime, I'll be in the shower," he said, covering his eyes as I smiled and started changing.

I wore my white t-shirt and some faded pink cottony pajama pants to sleep more comfortably and then tied my hair up into a messy bun. I then sat on the bed and placed a pillow on my thighs and reached out to get my phone and check on it. I then saw 3 messages popping on my notifications. 3 messages from Alison and 1 from Miss Hiddleston.

I first read Miss Hiddleston's message.

Good evening Tiana,

First of all, congratulations again for winning the speech-debate competition. You brought pride to our school and I am very proud of you. I'm glad you didn't fail me.

Second, I would like to inform you that I have canceled your suspension and have it erased on your student records to cleanse it up for your college applications sooner. That's what you get for accomplishing your task on winning the competition.

As the school principal, I must say, you are one of my best students here. And I am proud to say that. Congratulations again! :)

Wow. That's some great news to know your school principal's proud of you. It's kind of flattering for me though. So I decided to reply to her with a thank you, even if it's late now.

After reading Miss Hiddleston's message, I then read Alison's messages.

From: Alison <3 8:34pm

OMG! YOU AND MARCEL GOT TOGETHER??