Chapter 4: Holy cow

chapter four: holy cow

You see after Jacko 'spilled the beans' I went into complete shock. I mean my head was panicking, but on the outside I was shocked. I didn't know what to do or how to react. So I got out of bed, left Jacko sitting there waiting for my reply, and walk out of my room. I didn't get far before Jacko caught up with me, after all it's hard to walk with a cracked scull, 3 broken ribs and a stab wound. He started saying stuff about how I have to get back into bed, but I wasn't listening. He got the nurses and the pulled me back into bed.

Now I'm laying here out of breath with a potential murderer leaning over me.

"get away!" I scream.

" ivy, calm down, you didn't let me finish speaking before." Jacko says. I'm not thinking straight. What just happened? What is happening? I just want him gone, I can't even process what he said to me before.

"Jacko! Go away, just leave! I don't want you near me ever again, you are not who I thought you were. How could you do this to me!??." I've lost it now, after I finish my rant, there is a mix between hurt and confusion on Jacko's face. The next thing I know his bright green eyes start welling up with tears. They roll down his pale face.

"Ive," he says trying not to choke. "I didn't do this" his hands pointing to my body "to you. I told you dad and asked him to come in. That was me. I don't know who did this to you but I swear to god if we find out who I'll kill them."

I've never felt anger and relief at the same time. Until now. I'm angry because he spoke to my dad. But so relieved that he didn't injure me. I'm mean how could he? Jacko would never physically hurt me.

"I'm so sorry Jackie, honest! I don't know what was going through my head, I can't have been you anyway... "

He interrupts my rant and says 3 simple words I was not expecting.

"I love you."

If that wasn't enough shock alone, he leans forward and kisses me.

Holy cow.