5: I'll Be There - Again!

*At Detention, 3:30pm, 35 minutes remaining*

I answered the last question, on the third mental math worksheet, Mr Piper gave me. I done it all from addition, to subtraction, to fractions, to algebra for the past half an hour. It wasn't going too bad at my second detention this year. I couldn't wait for the school year to be over in three weeks time. Then, I could spend more time chilling with Leah, Freya, Sasha, Reece, Mariah and dembabies.

Or should I say dem kids? Roc and Roe are four already, and they're at their first week of summer school now. It must've been hard for Mariah to part with them for half a day, because if I was her, it would be hard for me too. Also, her work schedule in Vegas has been hectic! She's done six shows already, AND she's got positive reviews from each and every critic who's reviewed it!

That makes me so happy. She's been doing so well now. She's eating healthily, her things are getting moved into her new place, and her voice has been sounding amazing! All of the lambs, me included, have been buzzing from her performances and from how happy and free she is. It's only a matter of time when she'll be entering yet ANOTHER vocal prime at age 45.

Mr Piper had his head down, focusing on some paperwork. Every teacher had a shed load of it to do most of the time. But that meant I could just relax and do nothing without anyone telling me off. Mom had texted me a few minutes earlier, asking where I was. I replied to her text just a minute ago, saying I was at detention again.

Mom's definitely gonna murder me when I get home.

Suddenly, there were three knocks on the door. Mr Piper didn't turn his head a centimetre, which only meant one thing. Mariah grinned at me through the little window. I signalled her to come in, making sure not to make Mr Piper suspicious. The Songbird Supreme swiftly entered the room and took a seat next to my table. She noticed the worksheet sitting there and she took it, looking through it, yawning as she put it back down again.

Mariah gave me a look, which said, "Tell me what happened this time."

I sighed, "Well...the girls and I were playing 'Truth or Dare' at lunch, and when I said 'Truth' again, they were like 'oh no, you have to do a dare this time!'...so I said, 'Dare' and they dared me to write a message on a post-it note and stick it to Cassy. So I did two; to stick to her back and her bag-"

"What did the notes say?" Mariah quickly asked.

"They said 'I HAVE HERPES' in huge letters, dahhhling!" I answered, mimicking her a little.

Mariah laughed for a few seconds. I joined in with her before telling her the rest of the story.

"But yeah...then she went outside, realised, and the whole school were laughing at her. We laughed too, she threw a fit and stormed back inside...And then, she told on us and we had to go the principal's office, and then, Mr Jefferson was gonna give all of us an hour detention but I owned up so now I got the rest of my one hour and five minute detention to do - and here, in Mr Piper's evil lair." I finished.

"Is Mr Jefferson the principal?" Mariah asked.

"Yeah."

"And why did you get five more minutes for, Diamond?"

"Oh...I kinda back-chatted a little and he got pressed, so he gave me extra time for that." I replied, shrugging.

"Oh my god...My lamb, you and your friend's antics make me hysterical." Mariah stated.
"Well...I guess that's what you get when you have crazy ass friends like them." I grinned.
"I don't get why these teachers gave you a whole hour just for doing something to that girl."
"I know, but that's what these teachers are like. Except Miss Fenton and Miss Desirée."
"Diamond, you need to stop getting into these things, do you really think I would even show up?"