- synopsis -

- in which the idea is explained -

Just Simply, Them

- epigraph -

"Time, the greatest thief of all."

:Ally Carter, Heist Society

"Love does as it undoes. It goes after, with equal tenacity: joy and heartbreak."

:Jandy Nelson, I'll Give You the Sun

"Dreams do come true, if only we wish hard enough. You can have anything in life if you will sacrifice everything else for it." 

:J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan

- preface

Not all stories have a "happy ending". But just because it's not the one you might expect, does that make it any less of a happy, fairytale one?

- summary

in which a boy is in love with a girl who is not with him.
in which a boy goes through the bright blue skies of moving on.
in which a girl goes through the dark black trenches of falling in love.
in which a boy travels down the new and brightly lit streets of love once more.
in which a girl walks down the broken and dim dirt roads of heartbreak.
in which we find that any ending can be one of a fairytale, if looked at with the right mindset.
in which we begin to understand that a fairytale is not about finding true love–not completely anyway–but rather about finding happiness.
in which there is not a happy ending, yet there is, too.
in which we find life and love are confusing, but also the very simplest things of our nature.
in which there is a story of, just simply, them.

- inspiration –

Years back, I began a story about a love unreciprocated. In it, a boy loved a girl. He loved her deeply; loved every crack and crevice of her person. But she didn't love him. So he decided he wouldn't love her anymore. But see, love is a tricky thing.

He went on loving her, no matter how much he said he'd moved on. And she began to fall for him, no matter how much she told herself she wouldn't.

They loved each other at the same time, which is a very lucky thing to have.

They, as they say, lived happily ever after.

This is not that story.

Not entirely, anyway.

- happy reading -