Chapter 5: Gym class

Chapter 5

Caitlyn’s POV

I have PE next period. I walked into the gym with a big smile. I LOVE sports. It gives me this feeling that I can’t explain. The adrenaline is the best feeling.

I walk up to the coach and say, “Hello, my name’s Caitlyn and I’m new here.”

“Oh, Hello Caitlyn. Just dress out. It doesn’t matter what you wear, as long as it isn’t see through.” Coach says.

I walk into the locker to locker room to find my duffel bag open. Apparently that a fake Barbie took my clothes. I smirked. What she didn’t know is I kept my Sofee shorts and a sports bra. I threw my clothes on and tied my new Nike shoes. I walked out and everybody was starring. The boys wolfed whistled, while the girls shot daggers.

“Alright, so what are we playing today?” I asked everybody.

“Well, us boys are going to play football. I’m not sure what y’all girls are doing?” Tyler said.

“What do you mean just y’all boys? I’ll play if I want play.” I say

“C’mon she’s a girl. She can’t play.” A random guy says. I smirk

“How about this? Tyler, Trevor, Levi, Devon, Caitlyn, I, and Zack on team and the rest of y’all face us.” Justin said with a smirk. He knew I could throw and catch. All of my boys had a devilish smile.

We got into position. I was QB. Levi, Devon, and Trevor blocked for me. Tyler and Justin are my receiver. Zack is my running back. We yelled hut and Tyler ran 40 yards away and I threw a perfect spiral. The boys were in awe while my boys had I knowingly smile.

It was last down and was 14-14. We had 20 yards till touchdown. I yelled Hike and faked pass. I ran past everybody. I dodged tackles and made the last touchdown. My team cheered and put me over their shoulders. We laughed and celebrated. The other team said good game and sorry for saying I couldn’t play.

We still had an hour left of PE, so I went back in the gym to see the girls playing volleyball.

“Oh look who came. You may be able to play football, but you could never play volleyball.” Cindy said.

“Is that a challenge?” I ask.

“Sure. Just know you’ll lose.” She says.

I ran to the locker room to put my gear on. When the game started I faked and played terribly. Cindy was smiling from ear to ear.

“I bet that’s how you expected me to play, huh Cindy?” I asked.

“Looks like little miss perfect aren’t perfect.” She replied with a smirk.

With that I set the ball perfectly. She bumped it back then I bumped it and somebody on my team set it up. Then I did a perfect spike. I laughed at Cindy as she tried to dive for the ball. The game went like this for like 30 minutes. My team won by a lot.

I walked up to Cindy and said, “I may not be perfect, but at least I don’t try to be.” I walked away but before I walked into the locker room I shouted, “FYI FAKE BARBIES AREN’T PERFECT.”

When I walked into the locker room, some girls where clapping and smiling. I gave them a puzzled look.

“You were amazing and you proved Cindy wrong. It was totally epic and you are so athletic.” A girl with brunette hair had. She was slim and looked really athletic. She was pretty and had hazel eyes.

“Yea. You seem pretty cool.” Said the girl with long blonde hair. She was also very pretty. She seemed like she was a cheerleader, but a cool one. She had chocolate brown eyes.

“Thanks guys. Y’all are nice. So what’s y’all name?” I asked them.

“I’m Tiffany.” The brunette said.

“I’m Ashley.” The blonde one said.

“Cool. Well I’m Ca-”

I was cut off by Ashley.

“Yea, we know, Caitlyn. You are who everybody’s talking about. All the guys are saying how hot you are and athletic, while the fake Barbie girls are saying how you act all perfect.”

“Well, I’m everything but perfect. I’m just a girl getting through high school.” I say truthfully.

“And you hang out with the GODS of the school. The Carson boys plus the football team.” Tiffany replies.

“They are just guys.” I say.

“Just guys? More like THE guys. They are the most popular boys and any girl would love to be in your position.” She replies.

“Well they can have it.” I say as I walk out the locker room.